FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   SWISS Upgrade Bargain (Bid or email invite to upgrade) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1666260-swiss-upgrade-bargain-bid-email-invite-upgrade.html)

goliath Oct 12, 19 10:05 am

Originally Posted by ravisurdhar (Post 31620663)
Curious if anyone has any data on recent successful bids from economy to biz from ZRH to US West Coast (specifically SFO)? Would I expect this to be in the ~$400 range or the ~$800+ range?

More likely even higher than that. The standard price for upgrades on board for LAX/SFO is CHF 1200...1500 (or was a while ago), depending on your Y booking class.

ravisurdhar Oct 12, 19 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by goliath (Post 31620725)
More likely even higher than that. The standard price for upgrades on board for LAX/SFO is CHF 1200...1500 (or was a while ago), depending on your Y booking class.

Ouch. Sounds like I'll just buy an exit row seat for $100. Thanks for the info!

cesco.g Nov 18, 19 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by goliath (Post 31620725)

Indeed. A friend of mine is bidding $ 1400 Y>C for LX 41 (LAX-ZRH) this THU. Does not look good: Flight was down to J1C1 yesterday.

Update: Upgrade came thru at T-36hrs; flight now shows F2, J2, C2.

testycal Dec 11, 19 4:58 am

Bid accepted at $870 for Zurich to Narita and return Nov 28 and Dec 15 2019 from economy to business on A340. FYI.

Gioventu Dec 11, 19 6:39 am

Originally Posted by testycal (Post 31828404)
Bid accepted at $870 for Zurich to Narita and return Nov 28 and Dec 15 2019 from economy to business on A340. FYI.

I guess one-way for $870 right?!

testycal Dec 11, 19 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Gioventu (Post 31828649)
I guess one-way for $870 right?!

Yes....$870 each way....but a 12 to 13 hour trip...makes it more reasonable together with the inexpensive economy fair upgraded from

Concerto Dec 12, 19 3:16 am

I'm not seeing these offers any for European flight bookings. This does not bode well for the new qualifying points system, because I was hoping SWISS could be a cheap source of business fares. Although I book SWISS rarely these days, I do check quite often and make test/dummy bookings.

verve Dec 18, 19 7:17 am

I believe their upgrade scheme needs some recalibration. Getting quoted 800 CHF per way for ZRH-HRG or 1320 CHF for ZRH-TLV is just insane and significantly higher then directly booking business.

testycal Dec 18, 19 9:37 am

870 USD each way Zurich Tokyo and return ...sorry

Originally Posted by verve (Post 31852437)
I believe their upgrade scheme needs some recalibration. Getting quoted 800 CHF per way for ZRH-HRG or 1320 CHF for ZRH-TLV is just insane and significantly higher then directly booking business.

One thing to remember ... if you take full baggage allowance on outbound on bid and do not receive business class on inbound....are you stuck paying for extra baggage charges.....a moot point perhaps but something to keep in mind as I suspect the answer is yes

royal757 Jan 13, 20 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by watewate (Post 30513838)

I bid CHF510 on GVA to JFK on a Saturday departure in November. That was the absolute lowest allowed amount. Upgrade cleared about 3 days before the flight. IIRC, 6 seats remained unspoken for and went empty on the flight.

My base fare was less than CHF 300 R/T on a K (or was it T?) fare (on sale). So I essentially went, on a one-way basis, CHF 150 with zero miles in economy to paying CHF 660 for a business class seat with ~3,800 miles posted to my *G account as per P fare. This counts as a status mile in my program, to boot.

All in all, a win-win for me and LX given the loads.

Return leg JFK-GVA was rejected at CHF 470.

I am in a similar situation, currently booked in K for a JFK-ZRH-NCE and offered 690 CHF for the JFK-ZRH portion. I credit all my miles to Aeroplan (Air Canada) and K class earns 0 (miles and status miles). If my bid is succesful do you guys know if the ticket is rebooked in P and my miles awarded will be based on K or P? Any help is much appreciated thanks. side note, I am *G

makrxx Jan 14, 20 7:55 am

ZRH-SIN and SIN-ZRH, minimum bid £850...

YuropFlyer Jan 14, 20 8:53 am

Originally Posted by makrxx (Post 31948761)
ZRH-SIN and SIN-ZRH, minimum bid £850...

Currently the loads for both directions seem to be extremely low (in Y) - thus LX will not be pushed to go cheap (no OpUps needed)

Do you fly tomorrow ZRH-SIN? If so, drop me a message, will be able to guest into the lounge if needed.

makrxx Jan 14, 20 9:10 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer (Post 31949039)
Currently the loads for both directions seem to be extremely low (in Y) - thus LX will not be pushed to go cheap (no OpUps needed)

Do you fly tomorrow ZRH-SIN? If so, drop me a message, will be able to guest into the lounge if needed.

Ah makes sense!

Thatís so very kind of you but unfortunately I fly 23rd, next Thursday.

royal757 Jan 14, 20 11:31 am

Originally Posted by royal757 (Post 31947381)
I am in a similar situation, currently booked in K for a JFK-ZRH-NCE and offered 690 CHF for the JFK-ZRH portion. I credit all my miles to Aeroplan (Air Canada) and K class earns 0 (miles and status miles). If my bid is succesful do you guys know if the ticket is rebooked in P and my miles awarded will be based on K or P? Any help is much appreciated thanks. side note, I am *G

anyone has info on this?

ermis177 Jan 14, 20 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by royal757 (Post 31947381)

If you buy the upgrade online the fare class should change to. P. If you buy an upgrade at the airport then you only get the new seat not a new fare. Thatís my experience with LH. Someone who used the bid system with Swiss should adviser you better but I strongly believe both systems are the same.