Wiki Posts
Search

SWISS First, Senator and Business Lounges in Zurich Terminal E

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by behuman
Still waiting for a decent (non F) lounge in Europe.......................
How do you define IST? The *G lounge there, not F, is excellent.

I also like the BS Clubhouse in LHR, though that's not *A
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Ein weiteres Highlight ist die Whiskeybar mit 120 verschiedenen Whiskeysorten im Senator-Bereich.
Mmh... perhaps I'm just too cynical these days. But I wonder how many of these 120 bottles will be "available to sample for a small fee".
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:40 pm

Still waiting for a decent (non F) lounge in Europe.......................
Istanbul has one of the best, if not THE best C/*G lounge in the world.

But yes, if you mean LH Group only, you're right
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by airoli
Mmh... perhaps I'm just too cynical these days. But I wonder how many of these 120 bottles will be "available to sample for a small fee".
If this is true (120 brands in the SEN lounge, no fee), then I might even think about the 2000Euro "offer" for another SEN year!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Wombelero
If this is true (120 brands in the SEN lounge, no fee), then I might even think about the 2000Euro "offer" for another SEN year!
Well, it could be 110 el-cheapo brands and 10 expensive ones, that unfortunately are almost always "just now" out of stock..

2000€ could hit you a *G for longer with some competitor easily

Or even cheaper (as in, just needing a ticket), just camp out of the lounge and wait for someone approaching it, asking to be their guest..
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:59 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
2000€ could hit you a *G for longer with some competitor easily
Hence the importance to keep *gold out of the SEN lounges - I bed it will happen sooner than we think.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Hence the importance to keep *gold out of the SEN lounges - I bed it will happen sooner than we think.
Some of us spend $12k+ in other *A programs...maybe they'll make a *A Plat status for us riff raff.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by jvphoto
some of us spend $12k+ in other *a programs...maybe they'll make a *a plat status for us riff raff.
i totally agree im a 1k and a senator most of my spend in through lh group and sen lounges should and are star gold lounges lh group have first lounge access for their Honours Circle

Last edited by cbourl; Oct 14, 2015 at 6:15 pm Reason: typi
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do you envision the Senator Lounge being for then? Just HON/Sen plus *A F?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
What do you envision the Senator Lounge being for then? Just HON/Sen plus *A F?
The concept that SQ is running at their hub comes in mind..
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SQ likes to think they're not part of *A. LH isn't just a founder - they're a core member, and with the entire LH group, and the close relationship with UA plus the JVs with AC, another founding member, and they're European coverage, LH is an integral *A member.

TBH, I don't know the exact situation at SQ's hub as I don't fly them so I only encounter their policies online or their outstation lounges, so perhaps I'm not understanding exactly the intent.

But with 3 LH/LX lounges (F, Sen, Biz) and FTs having access to hte Biz lounge and F being exclusive to LH/LX F plus Hons as it is, relegating *G to Biz would be a major devaluation for *A overall as an alliance (though something that feels like is constantly breaking down anyways)
Old Oct 15, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
In Singapore the SQ biz lounge is better than the SQ operated *G lounge. You do not have access to the biz lounge unless you actually fly biz class or are a member of the PPS club which you can become with a 25k sgd spend per year in C and F on SQ metal.
The problem is that *G can be achieved so easily nowadays. And the differences of qualification requirements for all these different *G levels is huge. Too many cheap *G around, overpopulating the SEN lounges IMO.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Sure SQ Elite Golds in the KrisGold lounge travelling in Y and all SQ C pax in Kriflyer lounge in SIN Entirely a different concept from LH Group lounges SQ are Ok but Im sooooooo looking forward to QR flying to my home town of Adelaide on the A350EWB. QR C is superlative! Always a 5 Star carrier! no Etihad or Emirates per me bevakasha! (I remember the days when they were a United partner and redemptions were easy as , with their seperate terminal at Doha for C n F pax) And no more schlepping through Changi on SQ SQ is only OK in F and their F lounge and Private room at Changi aint nothing to write home about!!!!!!! Not even a slumber room ! TG LX LH certainly have their F lounges and terminals well outfitted!
Lets face it each airline has their pros and cons
Old Oct 15, 2015, 1:34 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
The problem is that *G can be achieved so easily nowadays. And the differences of qualification requirements for all these different *G levels is huge. Too many cheap *G around, overpopulating the SEN lounges IMO.
That is exactly the point. I wonder why many *alliance airlines give away gold so cheaply. The M&M revenue based system in force now is perfect and should be the reference.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is exactly the point. I wonder why many *alliance airlines give away gold so cheaply. The M&M revenue based system in force now is perfect and should be the reference.
From LH's perspective, each *A member airline pays for every entry of their *G FFs to LH lounges. So is it so bad for LH to have other airlines give away *G so easily?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.