Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading from C --> F

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Upgrading from C --> F

Hi everyone,

So we've bitten the bullet and purchased two C tickets, roundtrip, BOS-ZRH via a wholesale/consolidator.

Once the tickets are issued, what is the best approach to upgrading one (or both) legs to F?

I've heard the one way pp fees can be ~1500 for routes such as this. Are there ever options to purchase upgrades online close to the date of departure? I don't have M+M points, but I do have Chase UR and Amex MR points - of doubtful help.

Thoughts?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:10 am

Upgrading from C --> F

Difficult as you have nothing on M&M.
Just hope there might be a cash upgrade offer at checkin at the airport CI counter...
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:20 am

You can call swiss and ask for an upgrade on the phone. Usually it is doable.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: miles & more , AEGEAN miles&bonus GOLD
Originally Posted by SilverKris
Hi everyone,

So we've bitten the bullet and purchased two C tickets, roundtrip, BOS-ZRH via a wholesale/consolidator.

Once the tickets are issued, what is the best approach to upgrading one (or both) legs to F?

I've heard the one way pp fees can be ~1500 for routes such as this. Are there ever options to purchase upgrades online close to the date of departure? I don't have M+M points, but I do have Chase UR and Amex MR points - of doubtful help.

Thoughts?
It's your money but isn't BOS-ZRH a rather short flight? Is it worth 1500 $ for slightly more privacy and better food?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.