FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   SWISS introduces "SWISS Choice" (seat reservation, ancillary services) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1588033-swiss-introduces-swiss-choice-seat-reservation-ancillary-services.html)

alinghi90 Jun 24, 14 8:30 am

SWISS introduces "SWISS Choice" (seat reservation, ancillary services)
 
SWISS is about to launch its SWISS choice options.
Advanced seat reservation against a fee will be available from 8th of July.
Costs are segment based and range between 9CHF and 99CHF.

Company presentation
Fact-Sheet

YuropFlyer Jun 24, 14 2:54 pm

I hope for them that it will work better than current seat reservation for SEN/HON, which is not working at all for the last couple month..

And obviously that means that as SEN I can forget to get an exit row, someone will have "bough" it will ahead..

Oh well, EK does usually offer better fares (and much more often Op-Ups) anyway..

LH2100 Jun 25, 14 5:21 am

Looking Forward to fly TK, BA, CX, QR etc. more often than SWISS.

cfischer Jun 25, 14 4:57 pm

what's next? 6A, 8A, 10A, 12A going for $199?

They can't even fix getting seats in C-class online right now; I am wondering how they think they can handle the eco seat charges.

YuropFlyer Jun 25, 14 5:04 pm


Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 23096216)
what's next? 6A, 8A, 10A, 12A going for $199?

They can't even fix getting seats in C-class online right now; I am wondering how they think they can handle the eco seat charges.

I've reported the issue (not-working seat reservations) to the Swiss Lurker a few days ago..

It really surprises me that LX apparently wasn't even aware of that issue - which is existing since the website downgrade - eeeeh "enhancement" - for at least 2 months now..

cfischer Jun 25, 14 5:12 pm


Originally Posted by YuropFlyer (Post 23096253)
I've reported the issue (not-working seat reservations) to the Swiss Lurker a few days ago..

It really surprises me that LX apparently wasn't even aware of that issue - which is existing since the website downgrade - eeeeh "enhancement" - for at least 2 months now..

hence my comment ... they can't even figure that out, how should they get a complex matrix of seat charges going?

LH2100 Jun 26, 14 3:48 am

Oh, I can imagine scenes @the CI Counter, when it becomes obvious, that the cabin class divider on short haul routes has been moved. The Pax will receive a new seat anywhere in the cabin, because the seats which are NOW right behind the C CL are already booked by HON/SEN.
Option 2: SWISS will move the HON/SEN, so the Pax who paid for his seat behind the C CL, receives one right behind the C CL. Simply great.

hugolover Jun 26, 14 7:55 am


Originally Posted by LH2100 (Post 23098380)
Oh, I can imagine scenes @the CI Counter, when it becomes obvious, that the cabin class divider on short haul routes has been moved. The Pax will receive a new seat anywhere in the cabin, because the seats which are NOW right behind the C CL are already booked by HON/SEN.
Option 2: SWISS will move the HON/SEN, so the Pax who paid for his seat behind the C CL, receives one right behind the C CL. Simply great.

Actually no 2 is entirely correct! The guidance issued states that in case of aircraft change or other IRROPS those who have paid ASR should be reseated first.

SwissCircle Jul 2, 14 4:26 pm

New Swiss services - booking and inflight
 
Just read about a couple of new services in the Swiss onboard magazine:

i.e.
Seat selection at time of booking for a fee. Similar to other airlines with different prices for seats - front / exit row more expensive than the ones in the back.

Requesting special treats such as champagne, cake etc.

Exact details here

I think that`s a smart move.

alinghi90 Jul 3, 14 1:51 am

Is already discussed in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...-services.html

weero Jul 10, 14 7:03 am

Any experiences with this beautiful feature two days after its introduction?

Do they train SENs and HONs to loose their seats to "revenue passengers" already so that they won't miss the 'benefit' upon its abolition in 2016?

hugolover Jul 10, 14 7:32 am


Originally Posted by weero (Post 23173845)
Any experiences with this beautiful feature two days after its introduction?

Do they train SENs and HONs to loose their seats to "revenue passengers" already so that they won't miss the 'benefit' upon its abolition in 2016?

Well, as I posted above the official policy that paid ASR pax get priority over SEN/HON in the case of IRROPS which encompasses a very broad variety of situations.

weero Jul 10, 14 11:04 pm


Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 23173943)
Well, as I posted above the official policy that paid ASR pax get priority over SEN/HON in the case of IRROPS which encompasses a very broad variety of situations.

So have you experienced it?

I think that this 'rule' is not just for the money grab but to untrain the former elites to have any demands above trinkets.

Jupiter's Ally Jul 30, 14 9:42 pm

Unable to assign seat
 
I booked a ticket through our corporate travel agent for a code-shared flight (LX metal with UA number and UA ticket stock). Now, I'm unable to reserve a seat in advance. Tried calling Swiss and was told that beginning this July, it is no longer possible to book seats for code-shares :mad:

Now I'm disappointed... might have to endure a middle seat on a TATL flight.
Any way around this? I flew Swiss in November under a similar arrangement and was able to reserve a seat online.

Bretteee Jul 31, 14 10:49 pm

I think you have to book at least 72 hours before. after that you can't.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:05 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.