SWISS introduces "SWISS Choice" (seat reservation, ancillary services)

Old May 31, 17, 11:51 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GRU, ZRH, LUG
Programs: LX SEN, BA Silver
Posts: 77
Any changes to codeshare seat reservation?

Sorry to resurrect this old discussion, but I couldn't find anything more recent.

I an flying ORD-ZRH on LX metal, but UA ticket (and UA flight number) in Y. I am SEN, but this didn't help to get the call center to reserve a seat. Did anyone have better luck or more success in reserving seats on codeshare flights operated by LX?

Thanks!
LUGlodo is offline  
Old May 31, 17, 12:16 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SJC
Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Posts: 899
Originally Posted by LUGlodo View Post
Sorry to resurrect this old discussion, but I couldn't find anything more recent.

I an flying ORD-ZRH on LX metal, but UA ticket (and UA flight number) in Y. I am SEN, but this didn't help to get the call center to reserve a seat. Did anyone have better luck or more success in reserving seats on codeshare flights operated by LX?

Thanks!
Economy seat assignments on codeshare flights operated by Lufthansa Group carriers still cannot be done prior to checkin.
nerdbirdsjc is offline  
Old Jun 12, 17, 10:06 pm
  #78  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: *S (TK), Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
Posts: 2,498
I booked an Aeroplan award ticket (2 pax) with a LX segment (GVA-ZRH). LX.com shows seat selection option but wants $$. No pre-assigned seat. Normal? Would we be able to select seat at OLCI? Thanks.

Also, I believe we're allowed one checked bag each for this intra-Europe flight?
italdesign is offline  
Old Jun 13, 17, 3:34 am
  #79  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 13
Yes you can select seats during check in.

And award bookings have the usual baggage allowance (e.g. 1 in eco) incl possible status benefits.
mightydog is offline  
Old Jun 13, 17, 1:04 pm
  #80  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Programs: 1 thousand
Posts: 2,109
Originally Posted by mightydog View Post
Yes you can select seats during check in.

And award bookings have the usual baggage allowance (e.g. 1 in eco) incl possible status benefits.
The bigger question is whether or not you will be able to checkin. The LX online checkin process is completely broken when there are any UA Segments on a ticket (as in it hits a dead end before even checking immigration data, even if not relevant for segments being flown that day), although I have no idea if AC Segments would trigger a similar issue. My experience is I won't be able to checkin, so by the time I get to the airport it's a middle seat in the last row of the plane that's left.

But yeah, no advance selection in Y. And in J I've found the LX website often breaks, but LH let's me select LX seats (similarly for flights on OS).
televisor is offline  
Old Jun 14, 17, 8:28 pm
  #81  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: *S (TK), Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
Posts: 2,498
Originally Posted by televisor View Post
The bigger question is whether or not you will be able to checkin. The LX online checkin process is completely broken when there are any UA Segments on a ticket (as in it hits a dead end before even checking immigration data, even if not relevant for segments being flown that day), although I have no idea if AC Segments would trigger a similar issue.
Thanks. No AC segment but has an OU segment (total = 2 segments). Will pray for OLCI
italdesign is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: