Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Artemio
Cornèrcard: Visa or Mastercard
- Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 oct 2016 link

- Classic (140.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 10'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 May 2016 link

- Current promo: Early bird additional 10'000 miles bonus - until April 15 2016 link

Swisscard AECS: American Express + Mastercard
- Platinum Duo - American Express Platinum + Mastercard Gold (700.- annual fee, 1.2 mile / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 350.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Gold Duo - American Express Gold + Mastercard Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.75 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 110.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Classic Duo - American Express Silver + Mastercard Silver (120.- annual fee, 0.625 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / until 30 sept 2017
other promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / year around link here

Bonviva american express
- platinum (30’000 bonus miles, 480.- 1st y. fee, 1 mile / franc)
- gold (15'000 bonus miles, 240.- 1st y. fee, 0.75 mile / franc)
- classic (5'000 bonus miles, 90.- 1st y. fee, 0.50 mile / franc)
----not sure if I got this promotion right ????-------

Lufthansa Miles and More – possible as a swiss resident, open first a free DKB bank account, then apply for the LH miles and more creditcard. No current promotion, 1 mile / euro (= 0.9 miles / franc)

NEW from 01.11.16 cornercard miles and more (10'000 bonus miles, 250.-, 1 mile / fr.)

NEW # 2 Cornercard miles and more gold business (same conditions as the personal gold (220.-,....), but with 10'000 welcome bonus
Print Wikipost

List of credit card promotions for swiss residents (or CH bank account holders)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So if he has a pile of miles expiring on 31st March, he really has to get his application in before year’s end.

What about this version of the card? 30,000 miles bonus here, thinking of getting the card myself. For FTL,the fee is CHF140, right?

https://www.cornercard.ch/de/privatk...les-more-gold/
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The T&C regarding miles expiry are the same for all Cornèr M&M cards (and identical to all Swisscard AECS M&M cards as well).
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am going to go for the Cornercard Gold which is currently offering 30,000 miles. When they ask for my M&M number, should I give the one shown on my German credit card, or should I give the original FTL M&M number before I got that card?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
It doesn't matter, all M&M numbers ever created for your account are linked in the back-end.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Is anyone else getting bothered by AECS about an "identity verification"?

They're claiming that they'll block my cards unless I verify my identity via whatever bureaucratic method.
The reason they give is that this is required by Swiss Law since Jan 2016, for everyone with a credit limit over CHF 20k per month.

My limit is nowhere near that, so I don't get their point, and it also appears somewhat unprofessional that it took them three years to notice what the law is.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Yes, I've had that happen as well - I believe I posted about it somewhere a while ago.

Video chat identification was quick and painless. Answer a couple of questions, hold your passport / ID into the camera, done.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:34 pm

Yes I also had that about 18 months ago. I did it at the post office.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As for me, having applied for the Cornèrcard, they are asking for all sorts of justificatifs and extra info, including a Steuer Erklärung. Well, I haven't done a tax declaration in Switzerland yet so I will have to give them something else. Maybe a print out of bank accounts.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Thanks for the replies.

I think that I'll wait and see. Not happy to do such bureaucratic nonsense.
Based on the explanation they gave, they have no grounds to block my cards, but of course they can do it anyway if they like.
I'll get at least some entertainment value out of it if they block them.
If they want to cancel my cards, then I can deal with that as well and use Cornèr for a while and then re-apply for AECS later on.

What's the minimum lapse time for AECS to qualify for the sign up bonus?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:10 pm

They really did block mine, as I also refused to comply with the silly paperwork initially. I eventually went through with it... but then cancelled the cards soon afterwards.

Cornercard was no less tedious though, they also wanted all sorts of paperwork from me before opening new cards.

What became of the good old "don't ask, don't tell" that Swiss banks were famous for?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by airoli
What became of the good old "don't ask, don't tell" that Swiss banks were famous for?
Maybe ask the US gouvernment (well, not the current one - that hardly qualifies as one..) who basically forced Switzerland to go all "white money"?

While conveniently leaving out Delaware, several British islands, and other areas where all the US 1% have invested their money out..
bawm likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:20 pm

Schweiz Kreditkarte - 30,000 M&M Bonus

Apologies if advance if this is old news/discussed elsewhere but spotted this at the Geneva HB station yesterday and thought I'd share:

Upon further examination these are Creditcards and Diners Club cards issued by Corner Bank AG which come in three varieties:
  • Corner Card Miles & More Gold
    • Annual Fee : 110 CHF in first year, 220 CHF from second year onwards
    • Award Milage Earning : 1 award mile per CHF spent
  • Corner Card Miles & More Classic
    • Annual Fee : 70 CHF in first year, 140 CHF from second year onwards
    • Award Milage Earning : 1 award mile per CHF spent
  • Corner Card DinersClub
    • Annual Fee : 70 CHF in first year, 140 CHF from second year onwards
    • Award Milage Earning : 2 award miles per CHF spent
Looking at the application form you have tick whether you want the card to be issued as a Visa or Mastercard. I suspect the best option if you plan on putting a ton of franken on the card would be the Diners Club (either issued as Visa or Mastercard) since that earns 2 awards miles per CHF. I cannot comment on any additional benefits since my Swiss German is poor. It also seems possible to pay the higher annual fee of the Gold card to get the additional 15,000 mile bonus although I'm not sure why you would go out of your way for something like that. Finally, the credit card can earn miles with Lufthansa Group programmes: LH, LX and OS.

Here's to hoping they don't add Senator access as a perk

Auf Widersehen,

James
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I found it very difficult to get the card to begin with, even though I have it. And I haven’t been able to get the miles out of them. One reason could be that, as a holder of the German M&M card, my actual M&M number changes every year each time they reissue the card and the number I gave Cornèrcard is now invalid. I’ve never understood this German obsession with issuing dozens of numbers for the same account (also happens with Payback).
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I found it very difficult to get the card to begin with, even though I have it.
What challenges did you encounter that others should be aware of? I hear the Swiss/Germans tend to be pedantic about things but would love to hear your experience with the application process.

And I haven’t been able to get the miles out of them.
Odd. Have you tried reaching out to the bank? IIRC the bank should automatically transfer the miles over to your FF account so the miles wouldn't be pooling in your account. I'd be concerned about whether the miles were lost.

One reason could be that, as a holder of the German M&M card, my actual M&M number changes every year each time they reissue the card and the number I gave Cornèrcard is now invalid. I’ve never understood this German obsession with issuing dozens of numbers for the same account (also happens with Payback).
Out of curiosity, why not sign up for a Swiss M&M card and get the miles transferred to there? Perhaps Swiss is less crazy with this. I'm unsure if you can transfer miles between M&M accounts (I'll let the peanut gallery comment on this one) but if you can then in theory you'd be able to take advantage of whatever benefits your status with LH gives you for award availability.

Also, at least you get a card every year! United has decided that their Golds and below no longer get a physical card with rumours swirling that this "enhancement" may hit the upper echelon of Platinum and 1K members. Fortunately, none of the Lounge Dragons at the LH lounge were fine just taking my boarding pass. However, it's still nice to have the ability to swipe a card at a Kiosk/Agent and have them pull up the reservation instead of having to read out a confirmation number like a kettle.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:47 pm

Would also be interested to hear what 30,000 M&M miles are worth these days? Is that a great bonus? How does it compare to other CH/DE/AT credit cards in terms of sign up bonus and award mile accrual? For me (as a Canadian expat living in the UK) it seems a bit light. AmEx gives out 25,000 bonus points for anyone with a heart beat and those miles can be transferred to any number of airlines (not just the LH Group). Heck on my Canadian AmEx I'm earning 2 points per 0.76 CHF on purchases made on travel, gas, drugstore and grocery purchases and 1 point per 0.76 CHF everywhere else! They'll even give me 3 points per 0.76 CHF if I book hotel and car rental through them!

[redacted]

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 25, 2019 at 2:41 am Reason: removed response to quoted OT comment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.