Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Artemio
Cornèrcard: Visa or Mastercard
- Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 oct 2016 link

- Classic (140.- annual fee, 0.50 miles / franc) - current promo: 10'000 miles sign-up bonus / until 31 May 2016 link

- Current promo: Early bird additional 10'000 miles bonus - until April 15 2016 link

Swisscard AECS: American Express + Mastercard
- Platinum Duo - American Express Platinum + Mastercard Gold (700.- annual fee, 1.2 mile / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 350.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Gold Duo - American Express Gold + Mastercard Gold (220.- annual fee, 0.75 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 110.- 1st annual fee / until 15 March 2016

- Classic Duo - American Express Silver + Mastercard Silver (120.- annual fee, 0.625 miles / franc on Amex spend, 0.5 miles / franc on MC spend) - current promo: 20'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / until 30 sept 2017
other promo: 15'000 miles sign-up bonus / 60.- 1st annual fee / year around link here

Bonviva american express
- platinum (30’000 bonus miles, 480.- 1st y. fee, 1 mile / franc)
- gold (15'000 bonus miles, 240.- 1st y. fee, 0.75 mile / franc)
- classic (5'000 bonus miles, 90.- 1st y. fee, 0.50 mile / franc)
----not sure if I got this promotion right ????-------

Lufthansa Miles and More – possible as a swiss resident, open first a free DKB bank account, then apply for the LH miles and more creditcard. No current promotion, 1 mile / euro (= 0.9 miles / franc)

NEW from 01.11.16 cornercard miles and more (10'000 bonus miles, 250.-, 1 mile / fr.)

NEW # 2 Cornercard miles and more gold business (same conditions as the personal gold (220.-,....), but with 10'000 welcome bonus
Print Wikipost

List of credit card promotions for swiss residents (or CH bank account holders)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: LX SEN
Allfällige Angebote der Bank für Welcome-Bonus Prämienmeilen richten sich exklusiv an neue Kunden, welche noch keine Cornèrcard Miles & More Kreditkarte besitzen bzw. diese nicht in den letzten sechs Monaten gekündigt haben. Die Bank behält sich zudem vor, die Welcome-Bonus Prämienmeilen zu stornieren, wenn der Kartenvertrag seitens des Karteninhabers vor Ablauf von 12 Monaten nach Ausstellung der Karte gekündigt wird. ?

In summary:

- offer for new clients only.
- Welcome-Bonus miles are forfeited if client terminates card within the first 12 months.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello,

I have seen that with the SWISS miles & more credit card you can convert up to 25.000 award miles into status miles.

Can somebody please advise:

1) what is the exchange rate?
2) the 25.000 miles have had to be accumulated by using the credit card or could be just award miles that you have obtained on flights, hotels,...?

Thanks,
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by more4less
Hello,

I have seen that with the SWISS miles & more credit card you can convert up to 25.000 award miles into status miles.

Can somebody please advise:

1) what is the exchange rate?
2) the 25.000 miles have had to be accumulated by using the credit card or could be just award miles that you have obtained on flights, hotels,...?
1) 5 award miles : 1 status mile
2) only credit card spend - you see exactly how many award miles you can convert one you're logged into your account - see printscreens here: Converting award miles into status miles (max. 25k to 5k) now possible with Swisscard

and 3) see https://www.miles-and-more-cards.ch/.../status-miles/
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by goliath
1) 5 award miles : 1 status mile
2) only credit card spend - you see exactly how many award miles you can convert one you're logged into your account - see printscreens here: Converting award miles into status miles (max. 25k to 5k) now possible with Swisscard

and 3) see https://www.miles-and-more-cards.ch/.../status-miles/
Thanks very much goliath!
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:17 am

Hello,

I have a basic UBS credit card (free if more than 24 transactions per year) that started charging 2% fee on foreign transactions in francs.
This fee is enforced when buying a plane ticket from EasyJet Switzerland, departing from Switzerland, and paid in Swiss francs. I am not happy with that.

I think I'll subscribe to another card. I won't spend more than Fr. 15'000 a year with it and I just want it to be cheap and reliable. I have a Star Alliance Gold status but not with Miles&More.
Which credit card would you choose?

Thank you

Last edited by LacMajeur; Jan 16, 2018 at 5:55 am
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
This offer is now available until the end of May 2018: https://www.cornercard.ch/export/ch....t_kombi_de.pdf

Originally Posted by Nic33
Die Bank behält sich zudem vor, die Welcome-Bonus Prämienmeilen zu stornieren, wenn der Kartenvertrag seitens des Karteninhabers vor Ablauf von 12 Monaten nach Ausstellung der Karte gekündigt wird.
- Welcome-Bonus miles are forfeited if client terminates card within the first 12 months.
I my interpretation, the issuing bank only "reserves the right to cancel" the welcome bonus miles if the card is canceled by the client "before the end of 12 months after the issuing of the card". So if you cancel at the end of 12 months (and not before), i.e., only just as the yearly fee is due, you may still be ok?

Even if you were forced to pay the yearly fee for the second year, the price would be 0,011 CHF/mile for the 20k miles welcome bonus, which is still not such a bad deal (although arguably worse than 0 CHF for 20'000 miles).
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Here is a different promotion than the ones we're used to.

20K for any color of the card
and a additional 20K if more than 2000 PAX apply to it by 25.04.18

1347 have already applied by now ! Wow that's a surprising number, isn't it?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by Artemio
1347 have already applied by now ! Wow that's a surprising number, isn't it?
I am sure it will be maximum 1999 by the end of the promo
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
With one day left the number is up to 1852!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Where did it end?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
At 1877 applications - surprise, surprise.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Originally Posted by goliath
At 1877 applications - surprise, surprise.
So unexpected from swisscard!
GalaxyChris likes this.

Last edited by Artemio; Apr 27, 2018 at 1:06 am Reason: .
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:38 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Hi there!
I might be moving to Switzerland in the fall. After having lived in the US for several years, I am pretty spoiled when it comes to benefits of credit cards. I understand that the acceptance of credit cards in Switzerland generally is rising, and customers are putting more everyday spend on credit cards.
Now, is there a consensus on what are the best CC products in Switzerland? I am both particularly interested in good return in the form as points, as well as low/no foreign transaction fees. Are there any 'must haves', like the Chase Sapphire Premier in the US?

When it comes to CC applications, is it usually difficult to be approved, especially with a Ausländerausweis B?

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:46 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by DTS
Hi there!
I might be moving to Switzerland in the fall. After having lived in the US for several years, I am pretty spoiled when it comes to benefits of credit cards. I understand that the acceptance of credit cards in Switzerland generally is rising, and customers are putting more everyday spend on credit cards.
Now, is there a consensus on what are the best CC products in Switzerland? I am both particularly interested in good return in the form as points, as well as low/no foreign transaction fees. Are there any 'must haves', like the Chase Sapphire Premier in the US?

When it comes to CC applications, is it usually difficult to be approved, especially with a Ausländerausweis B?

Thanks!
I think credit card acceptance is already better than in the US here! At most if not all shops you'll be able to use your credit card and even pay contactless.

The only thing is: There are no really great must have cards here (If there is somebody please tell me!). I think the only ones worth to mention are the miles&more credit cards, which are okay, then there is the usual range of AmEx cards, but those are not that much accepted here due to the hefty fees they impose. And some cornercards that recently had a promo, but else the Swiss credit card market is pretty awful.

Anyway: I'll be looking forward to welcome you in Switzerland!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The interchange rates in Switzerland and the EU are a small fraction of what they are in the US. Consequently, there is much less money floating around to pay for the exuberant benefits, sign-up bonuses and mileage earn rates you see in the US.

You will need to adjust your expectations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.