Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWISS - 1 person, TWO snowboard bags

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:54 am
Original Poster

SWISS - 1 person, TWO snowboard bags

Hi there. Dilemma - flying Swiss with a friend LHR -GVA... Going snowboarding over Easter.

I am - unfortunately - stuck taking the bags to the airport, as she is coming straight from work. I would prefer to check both bags in and be done - she is coming at the last second. I don't want to wait for her in the scrum of LHR to arrive and check her own bag.

I know SWISS will fly one set of skis / snowboard for free PLUS 1 bag.

Choices:
Take two snowboard bags and see if they will count 1 as equipment and the other as a "normal" bag. (This is preferred.)

Pack both snowboards in one bag, plus a duffle. (This would be a pain.)

Anyone know how SWISS might view 2 board bags?

I am a Star Alliance Gold if that makes any difference in this scenario.

Thank you!

Last edited by Roar; Apr 15, 2014 at 10:32 am Reason: clarity
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Roar
Hi there. Dilemma - flying Swiss with a friend LHR -GVA... Going snowboarding over Easter.

I am - unfortunately - stuck taking the bags to the airport, as she is coming straight from work. I would prefer to check both bags in and be done - she is coming at the last second. I don't want to wait for her in the scrum of LHR to arrive and check her own bag.

I know SWISS will fly one set of skis / snowboard for free PLUS 1 bag.

Choices:
Take two snowboard bags and see if they will count 1 as equipment and the other as a "normal" bag. (This is preferred.)

Pack both snowboards in one bag, plus a duffle. (This would be a pain.)

Anyone know how SWISS might view 2 board bags?

I am a Star Alliance Gold if that makes any difference in this scenario.

Thank you!
They will unlikely not count 2 snowboard bags as 1 piece of equipment.

here is the link to LX's 'special luggage' info: http://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/prepare/b...pecial-baggage
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
They will unlikely not count
I've been going through this construct in my head several times, and I'm still trying to decypher what *exactly* you were trying to say
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by hdogan
I've been going through this construct in my head several times, and I'm still trying to decypher what *exactly* you were trying to say
oops...They will 'LIKELY' I mean!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:40 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Be careful if you are on a GVA Light fare as these do not include any skis/snowboards.

If you are on a GVA Flex fare, then it is included plus the normal bag and as a Star Gold member you could also take another bag.

Also a word of caution for your friend arriving at the last minute, as LHR is in the process of extending a conformance time to all terminals (though not sure if they will bother to install it at Terminal 1), which means you can arrive late but not at the last minute as security will not let you through after a specific time (for example at Terminal 5 it is 35 minutes).
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:57 am
Original Poster

OK, thanks, good to know. I will check my fare class and warn my friend. ;-)

(How do I know if I am on flex or light? I didn't book it but have the booking info. I can't see any reference to either... except "economy."

Sounds like I am going to be better off repacking the boards together and going with the 1 snowboard, 1 duffel approach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.