Newbie Question FC Lounge Access for UA F Class Code Share

Old Jul 12, 15, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1K
Wow, apparently the lesson here is that if you're flying *A F ex-ZRH/GVA, you should book your trip as a LX-marketed codeshare and, apparently, you will get LX F lounge access. (Per note in other thread that a dragon alleged that LX-marketed TG-operated F would be okay.)

Good to know.
Old Jul 12, 15, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
So how do you book on a 016 ticket ZRH-SFO with the LX flight # and not the UA code share?
Old Jul 12, 15, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JVPhoto View Post
So how do you book on a 016 ticket ZRH-SFO with the LX flight # and not the UA code share?
w/ a TA.

and btw, if you use the mobile BP it will only show the LX flight number and folks have reportedly gotten into the F lounge w/ no issues.
Old Jul 12, 15, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by cfischer View Post

and btw, if you use the mobile BP it will only show the LX flight number and folks have reportedly gotten into the F lounge w/ no issues.
I know.

FWIW when I flew ZRH-SFO I used the mobile BP for the flight (which was all booked on UA/016) and I was let in... someone else had mentioned they used their mobile LX mobile BP as well on a UA ticket and got in.
Old Jul 13, 15, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by jsl42 View Post
Now sitting in the Star Alliance Gold lounge in ZRH. Will they honor my F boarding pass at the gate in an hour? If I am able to board and take my assigned seat, will they bring business class meals to row one instead of F catering?
F food probably only if you tip them enough

http://www.20min.ch/schweiz/news/story/20333060

On a more serious matter: LX seems to have it completely lost.. (not just with this topic but pretty much everything)

w/ a TA.

Wow, so if you use THIS way, and then go around here, and use that path, then all will work according to what you actually paid..

LX shenanigans much.. ?
Old Jul 13, 15, 11:03 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
..LX shenanigans much.. ?
So did the LX dragons evolve to be so smart to detect other carriers' ticket numbers or are they merely so dumb that they do not know what a codeshare is?

These ZRH mysteries .....
Old Jul 13, 15, 2:59 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LH Senator ** (ex SR TC G), Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by mherdeg View Post
(Per note in other thread that a dragon alleged that LX-marketed TG-operated F would be okay.)

Good to know.
Who would be so stupid to have an LX ticket to be seated on TG metal ? BTW: TG apart from being a more than crap airline does not offer F to/from ZRH anymore. To burn your miles or use your GUP you will have to fly to MXP or FRA.
Old Jul 13, 15, 7:17 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Wow - unfortunately my contribution here isn't constructive, but this thread made me so annoyed that I had to vent my frustration!!!! *A carriers just won't help themselves, even if often the F hard product is nicer, they just push and push people to OneWorld.
Old Jul 14, 15, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by behuman View Post
BTW: TG apart from being a more than crap airline.
Better hard product on A380 and most 747 between EU-Asia than LX. Far superior F ground service at BKK than at ZRH.
Food I would give a slight nod to LX.
Old Jul 14, 15, 1:48 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Better hard product on A380 and most 747 between EU-Asia than LX.
Only those are not sold as LX codeshares, so that's a moot point in this topic.
Old Jul 15, 15, 5:47 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
I have a feeling LX is not to blame here. My money is on UA refusing to pay for their customers to use the LX lounge
Old Jul 15, 15, 8:55 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, AF Sil, Bonvoy Tit (LTG), HH Dia
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr View Post
I have a feeling LX is not to blame here. My money is on UA refusing to pay for their customers to use the LX lounge
IMO, that would be a really bad move by United... I can't imagine United selling enough LX F seats to justify unbundling lounge access from the tickets they sell. I'm certainly not a UA apologist, but I don't see paid partner F being a loss-leader for UA, and they certainly shouldn't be skimping on benefits for the few people buying paid F on UA stock these days. I fully blame LX for this one.

Originally Posted by airoli
As part of Atlantic ++, don't LX and UA (and LH OS AC) share revenues and costs on all transatlantic operations anyways?
I'm not sure about the lounge costs-- but they should be sharing revenues.

Last edited by ps9a; Jul 15, 15 at 11:09 am
Old Jul 15, 15, 10:56 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr View Post
As part of Atlantic ++, don't LX and UA (and LH OS AC) share revenues and costs on all transatlantic operations anyways?
Old Jul 15, 15, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by airoli View Post
But not lounge use. a fortune trades hands between the carriers when lounges are used. If you notice the dragons are very serious about swiping the BP's thru the computer. I have *G PPS with SQ & last year my strip could not be read by the computer. Caused extra paperwork with UA as even though they could see the card was good, without the swipe or paperwork being done I was told "they would not get paid"

Bottom line is if I am not allowed in lounge I'll go to UA ticketing and have them change it to the actual flight numbers.

****** (Note: see bellows post. That's exactly what I just did but by phone and had no problem)

Last edited by chinatraderjmr; Jul 15, 15 at 4:30 pm
Old Jul 15, 15, 4:28 pm

w/ a TA.

You don't need to use a TA. I just called UA and asked then to switch my flight numbers from UA code share to true LX/LH. When I explained why the agent got a good laugh and did what I asked right away. She was very funny. Her exact words were "you passengers need to get a union to protect you or else UA will take as much as they can from you. Apparently UA sees no difference between customers and employees, we are all here to lower managements bonuses".

Search this Thread