Wiki Posts
Search

GVA baggage self check-in - New

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
GVA baggage self check-in - New

Counters 77-79 at GVA airport are now equipped with baggage self check-in capability.
I gave it a try in December and have to say it's great.
The Y queue now splits off in two: one for manned counters the other for baggage self check-in.
I used the mBP's to get the luggage tags printed and have them check-in (one at the time). Seamless experience.
There is an easy peel system for the baggage tag with a spare-out which makes it much user friendlier to peel and apply than "regular" tags being issued by the self-check in machines.
Great little innovation.

Here is a pic of how it looks like:

GVA Press release:
A new automatic baggage check-in service is now available at Genève Aéroport exclusively for passengers on SWISS and some other affiliate airlines within the Star Alliance*.

From 13 November, Genève Aéroport is making available to its passengers three new automatic baggage drop-off counters. This project, which is being run in partnership with SWISS, is part of a “seamless travel” program run continuously by Genève Aéroport with the airlines.
Simple, speedy and efficient, this unusual service is being tested exclusively at Genève Aéroport. At the end of the trial period, it could be extended to all airlines.

The three self-service machines allow passengers to check in their hold baggage themselves. Passengers can identify themselves by scanning their tickets. The machines then weigh their bags or cases and issue the label making them identifiable. They are then routed to the airport sorting system and loaded into the aircraft hold.

The aim of the project to create automatic baggage drop-off is to meet the objectives of both passengers and airport management by creating capacity and by optimising flow management, in order to get passengers from the entrance of the airport to the door of their plane faster.

The experience of the early days shows that passengers who volunteered to test the arrangement completed the operation in an average time of no more than two minutes.

While passengers can now check their bags in alone, the airline nevertheless makes staff available to help them with the operation.

Moreover, the service does not exclude normal baggage check-in, and is intended for passengers who want do-it-yourself services.

The machines are located on the airport check-in level (level C), counters nos. 77, 78 and 79.

* The service is also available for the following Star Alliance airlines: Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, TAP Portugal, and SAS
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:53 pm

They look like the same model installed in BRU for SN. Very easy to use, the only thing to be careful about is to make sure you pick up your receipt. Every time I go to the counter, I see some receipts on the floor.

If these receipts could be made sticky in order to apply them to the BP, it would be perfect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.