Future SWISS First Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:39 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Lightbulb Future SWISS First Cabin

Dear FlyerTalkers

Our Cabin Interior Development team is currently working on the next generation of our SWISS First cabin.

Once again, we would like to tap your expertise as frequent travellers and experts regarding our most luxurious product. Are there any (hardware, not service) features you would like to see in the future SWISS First cabin (except of course two lavatories, a requirement which is already duly noted)?

If you have any ideas to share with us which could be helpful in planning the evolution of our current First Class cabin in this respect, kindly get back to us at [email protected], and I will make sure our Cabin Interior Development team will take note.

Thank you very much for your input,
Gianrico
Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Top initiative SwissInternationalAirLines/Gianrico!

Well done!!!

Don't fall on the Homer's car trap

Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
More Privacy

I like the comfort and features of the current SWISS First cabin (the one that looks a lot like LH new First not the older one). My biggest issue with the cabin is that there is not enough privacy and that would be my suggestion for focus.

Although some airlines have chosen to go with private suites, and personally I like those, a full enclosure may not be necessary. However, the current First product is way too open so that there is no privacy at all, and that is not competitive now and certainly not in the future.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
How about a comfortable seat, one that doesn't feel like I'm sitting on upholstered plywood like the current A330 seat?
Suggest you have your design team fly Etihad or Emirates and copy their F seats/suites. Comfort and privacy.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:43 am
Suspended

How about having a comparable First ground product with car transport identical to the LH FCT for starters?

Then update the on board product to include some very simple things like higher quality mattress pad and pillows, things that would easily make a great deal of immediate difference in comfort.

Overall for a new product you, as others have suggested, you should be doing test flights with top airlines so that you can find out what a really strong product is like.

While your at it...update the horrible SEN/Business lounges and take a few flights in BA Club World widow seat to see what a much more decent business product is like.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Is this the cabin that will be introduced on the new 777-300ER?

Though the PLC of a First Class product is much longer than for Business Class, so it seems a little "wasteful" to be replacing it so soon?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I'd prefer not to email so following the others here. I would consider revamping the very large table. I'm sure it's great if there are two people dining but how often does that really happen? Would be nice to be able to sneak out of the seat in the middle of a meal without the need to move everything off the table and then reset it.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
2nd Lav. Actually for my personal taste the debate could be over with that. 2nd lav. case closed, eod.
But if you touch more things:
More seat comfort. The air system is a failure
More sleep comfort, better mattress and cushions.
The headphones are uncomfortable, not paded enough, the plastic feels bad on the ear.
Check level of the a330 seat in bed mode foot part feels slainted
Better interior lighting
Don't put me in a coffin like emirates
Don't touch the table, perfect for dining, working, reading and easy to get in and out.
add some more stowage and more plugs (power and usb-charging)
don't touch food concept
don't touch service concept
Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
More power outlets
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
At least two AC power outlets.

At least two high-output USB ports that will charge an iPad.

Large high-definition screen with AVOD at actual HiDef (not compressed) level output.

Bose noise cancelling headphones.

"Buddy" seat for dining with travel companion.

Ability to exit and enter the seat with the table deployed.

Adequate storage compartments for books, laptops, tablets, etc.

Two lavatories. At least one of larger size for changing into pajamas.

More privacy in the seat, particularly in bed mode.

Electric seat/bed controls (not a flip-over seat as SQ has on its 77Ws).

Bed should be level when at flight level cruise nose-up attitude.

At least two pillows of different firmness levels.

Multiple lighting options (overhead lamp and spotlights on both sides of seat) with dimming ability on all lights.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Definitely a softer seat cushion and totally agree on the 2nd lav and not at the front so no getting barked at if I get up and didn't realize someone had already gone in while I was making my way there and didn't see the occupied light go on. Just a minor complaint. I really like everything else about the present 330 F cabin and service. Ground handling and lounge need to be improved though.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 2:10 am

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Temperature control at the seat for the vents. Everyone always complains about temperature. If you could set your own that would be a game changer.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by mamb0
2nd Lav. Actually for my personal taste the debate could be over with that. 2nd lav. case closed, eod.
But if you touch more things:
More seat comfort. The air system is a failure
More sleep comfort, better mattress and cushions.
The headphones are uncomfortable, not paded enough, the plastic feels bad on the ear.
Check level of the a330 seat in bed mode foot part feels slainted
Better interior lighting
Don't put me in a coffin like emirates
Don't touch the table, perfect for dining, working, reading and easy to get in and out.
add some more stowage and more plugs (power and usb-charging)
don't touch food concept
don't touch service concept
+ 1
Especially headphones are very uncomfortable
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: some
I'm fine with the firm mattress, but I guess this is a cultural thing.
Would be nice to have a bit more practical storage space - e.g. I like to keep the following items close: blackberry, iPAD, Kindle, my Glasses, my Watch...and the current "hole" is just not practical.
Second power outlet would be nice as I'm usually working and charging several devices at the same time.
I've heard rumors about consideration to reduce the F cabin to 4 seats - please don't. I've only seen this on AF and it definitively has a negative impact on the feeling of space and openness.

However all that said - I have no issues if you keep to the same seats and add an additional toilet.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I'd prefer not to email so following the others here. I would consider revamping the very large table. I'm sure it's great if there are two people dining but how often does that really happen? Would be nice to be able to sneak out of the seat in the middle of a meal without the need to move everything off the table and then reset it.
My point is that this large table is one of the greatest design of Swiss in comparison with LH. When in F, this is one of the most pleasant moment, having dinner with your companion, face-to-face instead of next to each other.

Please keep it. And when one needs to get up, some little exercise is not bad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.