Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWISS / Edelweiss New routes and changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2021, 12:58 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LXA350
Probbaly because UAE currently is on the Quarantine list of Switzerland, hence demand likely dropped again sharply.
or because EK flies daily and absorbs most demand at lower price (and less hassle?)...
Old Feb 28, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BinSabai
or because EK flies daily and absorbs most demand at lower price (and less hassle?)...
The LX schedule to DXB is pretty brutal, especially on the return. Seems clearly timed for connecting traffic but yuck, even as HON I find it almost impossible to justify over the much more civilised EK schedule.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 5:04 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vantage03
The LX schedule to DXB is pretty brutal, especially on the return. Seems clearly timed for connecting traffic but yuck, even as HON I find it almost impossible to justify over the much more civilised EK schedule.
Same here as HON, but still find very good deals with LX/LH. Not sure if it's timed for connecting traffic, or more a cost-issue: can imagine these slots are cheaper. And also the remote gate at DXB, tells me LX is (understandably) all about costs these days.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Same here as HON, but still find very good deals with LX/LH. Not sure if it's timed for connecting traffic, or more a cost-issue: can imagine these slots are cheaper. And also the remote gate at DXB, tells me LX is (understandably) all about costs these days.
Did not know it was also a remote gate at DXB 😂
You just put the nail in the coffin for me on this route. So glad I changed this weekend from LX to EK.
Late night arrival time in DXB is actually the busiest time there.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vantage03
Did not know it was also a remote gate at DXB 😂
You just put the nail in the coffin for me on this route. So glad I changed this weekend from LX to EK.
Late night arrival time in DXB is actually the busiest time there.
Haha you're welcome... and enjoy DXB :-)
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Our flights to TLL in July have been upgauged from A220 to A320. It looks like demand is there!
Old Jun 17, 2021, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by florens
Our flights to TLL in July have been upgauged from A220 to A320. It looks like demand is there!
145 vs 180 seats....could also be an operational change
Old Jun 17, 2021, 11:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
145 vs 180 seats....could also be an operational change
I was monitoring availability. Cheap selling classes were all shown as 0, so I think more demand is there indeed. It also helped that Estonia was removed from the OFPH list recently and that Switzerland's incidence now is low enough to be able to enter Estonia with no restrictions as opposed to before.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:39 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Aircraft change for Zurich Chicago Ohare route?

I’m booked on this flight in business departing Ohare on 8/1/2021. We paid for the flight through United’s website. United information states that the aircraft is an A340. When I look up the information in the Swiss air website there is no aircraft type listed For fun I’ve been following this flight on flight aware. Flights the last few days have been using a 777.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Steve Weagant
I’m booked on this flight in business departing Ohare on 8/1/2021. We paid for the flight through United’s website. United information states that the aircraft is an A340. When I look up the information in the Swiss air website there is no aircraft type listed For fun I’ve been following this flight on flight aware. Flights the last few days have been using a 777.
J on 777 is definitely better than A340
currently many of the long haul routes of LX are flown with reduced frequency, 2-4 times per week instead of daily. This allows them to use the fuel savingl 777 instead of the old 4 engine A340 on those routes. Once frequency increase, aircraft type may change back to the original
Old Jun 19, 2021, 3:10 am

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
J on 777 is definitely better than A340
currently many of the long haul routes of LX are flown with reduced frequency, 2-4 times per week instead of daily. This allows them to use the fuel savingl 777 instead of the old 4 engine A340 on those routes. Once frequency increase, aircraft type may change back to the original
Mostly agree. I'd also expect the demand from US to Europe to increase, as more and more European countries open op to the US and many people will now book summer holidays. More frequencies is a good sign, and that's definitely happening in Europe.
BinSabai... since you're from Thailand, you may have noticed that they took the 777 away from the BKK route on some days and now use an A340 there instead.

For the J product comparison, I like the A340 because it's quieter than the 777, and the seats are almost identical after they were all refurbished recently.

The 777 may be fuel saving per kg or per pax vs an A340 if it's fully loaded, but as long as there is enough space for all pax and cargo and you can choose to deploy either plane, then the A340 will use less fuel.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Jun 19, 2021 at 6:33 am
Old Jun 19, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Thank you

It looks like this is a common practice to switch between the A340 and the 777. I’m in 10k. So I should have a throne either way unless they move my seat. My friend would have a window with someone next to him if we get the 777. I’ll be watching what happens.

When does the aircraft type show up in the swiss air app.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 7:40 pm

Programs: LXFF
The A340 interiors are basically new so not a bad place to be. 777 is noisier so 340 gets my vote as well, even in F.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:21 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I've just had drinks with a friend and the topic of LX routes for the immediate future (think 2022) with 5 A333s stored came up:
Take with a grain of salt since obviously everything can and probably will change, but most of this stuff has already been said anyway.

Apparently ZRH-JFK will be down to 1x daily from 2x daily, JFK-GVA will remain daily as will ZRH-EWR.
DAR and MCT are gone for the immediate future, DXB and NBO will remain. DXB will be 7 weekly, while NBO will be five weekly.
(A333 will just sit in DXB for the evening instead of continuing to MCT, a shame really, route has been moved to WK, I really wanted to fly DXB-MCT in LX F once )
KIX and IAD are also gone for the immediate future. Don't really know if they'll be reintroduced in the long run, I really hope so :/
MIA will have 12 weekly flights in a mix of A333s and A343s.
Now apparently PVG will have frequencies cut, not sure how many, but I did check the shedule for early 2022 and currently it's sitting at one weekly A340 flight.
LAX, SFO, HKG, SIN, TYO, ORD and GRU will be operated by 77Ws daily.
JNB will be daily with the A340 as well.
BOS and YUL and DEL will be daily with the A330.
BOM will be operated by A340s instead of A333s in summer 2022.
Something some people will be happy to hear is that TLV is getting a thrid weekly flight and the late evening flight is currently stills heduled to be an A330, with the rest being A321neos.

I think with those reductions the shedule will be doable with 5 less A333s. Let's hope they'll be back along with the paused routes sooner rather than later.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I've just had drinks with a friend and the topic of LX routes for the immediate future (think 2022) with 5 A333s stored came up:
Take with a grain of salt since obviously everything can and probably will change, but most of this stuff has already been said anyway.
BKK is missing on your list; just saw that
- has been on 77W only and now they switch some flights per week back to A340
- from 1. Sept they will increase from 3 to 5 flights per week
given the still ongoing travel restrictions into Thailand and the fact that TG is restarting their flights to ZRH as well (initially 2 per week), it is quite surprising

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.