FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   SWISS changing their booking system to Amadeus in 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1500078-swiss-changing-their-booking-system-amadeus-2016-a.html)

Air Rarotonga Feb 14, 16 2:48 am

Originally Posted by orenrr (Post 26182189)
Hi,
After SWISS changed their reservation system to Altea, when they will change their DCS to Altea? It will include a new online chkin system?
By the way, does anyone knows if Lufthansa also use Altea as DCS?

Thanks!

Read this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...us-2016-a.html (post #3 and ff).

RoaminRoman Feb 14, 16 4:31 am

Looks like the system is still buggy. I have a flight early tomorrow morning FCO-ZRH and cannot check in online today. Attempts to update my API data just end in errors. Probably going to be chaos at the airport tomorrow morning.

bobhope2 Mar 10, 16 9:06 am

Any updates on the eta to the change to Altea?

Why do people select the middle seat anyway? Half empty plane and they choose to sit next to me.

mbr Mar 10, 16 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard (Post 26122260)
Sure enough, I can now select any seats also in rows 1-3, and I can even save it on Swiss.com.
I got a bit suspicious when expertflyer wouldn't show my updated seats.
So I went back to Swiss.com, re-opened my reservation, and the seats had moved back to those I've had before. :(

Absolutely correct. Since the system change the blocked seats are not visible anymore on the online seat maps. They show up as free. You can select and save them but nothing happens in the background. You still sit on the seat where you have been before or you have still no seat if you had no reservation before.

Very uncomfortable!

LoungeLizzard Jun 26, 16 9:19 am

Originally Posted by PetzLUX (Post 26110320)
How about waiting a bit?
This weekend it was important to get the migration done and the system working. Adjustments can still be done...

OK, so I've waited a bit.
Around four months since this new wonderful system went live.

What has happened?
- I still cannot see, change or request any special meals on existing bookings on Swiss.com.
This happens regardless if the booking was made before or after the system change, and regardless if the booking was done via Lh.com or swiss.com
- For some reservations, I can no longer see the reserved seats on swiss.com
- I can see but not change or request special meals on Miles and More.com
- I still cannot see the correct seats on *alliance flights in the same PNR, and of course I cannot change them either. Dear marketing guys: It wouldn't hurt to also DELIVER from time to time in between praising the star alliance benefits.
- I gave up on the multi city booking tool on swiss.com

My conclusion is that nothing has happened and there are still as many bugs or more than during go live. For me, this new system is a step backwards.

Hopefully, the change at least helps all those who frequently fly between Switzerland and Germany because all LH&LX staff should now be able to access all reservations.

San Gottardo Jun 26, 16 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard (Post 26832835)
OK, so I've waited a bit.
Around four months since this new wonderful system went live.

What has happened?
- I still cannot see, change or request any special meals on existing bookings on Swiss.com.
This happens regardless if the booking was made before or after the system change, and regardless if the booking was done via Lh.com or swiss.com
- For some reservations, I can no longer see the reserved seats on swiss.com
- I can see but not change or request special meals on Miles and More.com
- I still cannot see the correct seats on *alliance flights in the same PNR, and of course I cannot change them either. Dear marketing guys: It wouldn't hurt to also DELIVER from time to time in between praising the star alliance benefits.
- I gave up on the multi city booking tool on swiss.com

My conclusion is that nothing has happened and there are still as many bugs or more than during go live. For me, this new system is a step backwards.

Hopefully, the change at least helps all those who frequently fly between Switzerland and Germany because all LH&LX staff should now be able to access all reservations.

Chatted to a check-in agent about the new system last week. She said that the check-in module has now also been rolled out, but it's not the same as Lufthansa's system but according to her "a cheaper version". So for instance no automatic seat blocking for SEN/HON. Since the staff at the FCL island in Zurich don't get lists of HONs on flights anymore they don't do it manually any longer, outstations didn't do it anyway, and the new system doesn't do it either. So say good-bye to seat blocking (in the meantime I have discovered that it works on Air France ^)

bobhope2 Jun 27, 16 11:31 am

Is seat blocking really not working?

Today the seat next to me was free for the first time this year. Of course, it could just be a coincidence.

bobhope2 Jul 11, 16 6:58 am

Originally Posted by bobhope2 (Post 26837814)
Is seat blocking really not working?

Today the seat next to me was free for the first time this year. Of course, it could just be a coincidence.

I have now experienced seat blocking on the last four flights, including where there looked to be only one other seat free on the plane.

oliver2002 Jul 11, 16 7:42 am

Altea does different seat offerings based on customer value. Maybe it was not activated on LX in the first phase.

Kilian Zoll Jan 9, 17 10:02 pm

This has probably been mentioned up-thread -- I have a PNR on CheckMyTrip.com but cannot use it to manage my booking on Swiss. I'm not sure if I have the name format wrong or if the Amadeus PNR isn't compatible with the Swiss back-end. Any ideas?

oliver2002 Jan 10, 17 12:20 am

Use the ticket number and name to pull up your reservation on Swiss.com

SwissCircle Jan 12, 17 5:45 am

It works perfect. Just booked an LX ticket and it immediately showed on LH website and the M&M as well. ��