SWISS changing their booking system to Amadeus in 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Improved Website Reservation Function

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 11:01 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:09 pm

My first flight on Swiss in a while. I've retrieved by new PNR for Amadeus for a flight in two weeks. Which should I use to check in using OLCI.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by cyborg
I was able to see seat assignments that were not visible last week for a couple of long haul business class bookings on Swiss. Also was able to pull up the records on Checkmytrip and other airline websites like Thai and ANA, so this looks like an improvement :-)

Cheers,

-Cyborg
I can't see seating assignments on Swiss.com

LH.com I can access but again no seat or wrong seat assigned..

Hope the system runs smoothly soon !

cheers,

Michael
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by bobhope2
Business pricing nuts now. Also the airtrain bsl-zrh-xxx ridiculous even in eco.
Oh that's a shame! I was hoping there would be some exciting mistakes! Maybe there'll be a few aftershocks before it all settles down. Great news about checkmytrip above, as well as being able to import the bookings into Miles & More. I always thought that was a nonsensical anomaly in this day and age. Particularly as Lufthansa owns SWISS!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by goliath
Adding older bookings to M&M / CheckMyTrip / ... works fine for me.

Obviously, the old LX booking reference does not work.

You have to find the new Amadeus reference first, which is hidden here: open your booking on swiss.com -> click on "e-Documents" -> "send". Here you will find the new Amadeus booking reference at the top.
Yes, thanks for this tip. You don't actually have to re-enter your email address and send the e-ticket, the new PNR is already there (should be a mix of numbers and letters). On checkmytrip it states MINDPEARL - CAPE TOWN at the top! Wasn't that the call centre for the old Qualiflyer programme?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
You don't actually have to re-enter your email address and send the e-ticket, the new PNR is already there [...]
Exactly as I said:

Originally Posted by goliath
[...] open your booking on swiss.com -> click on "e-Documents" -> "send". Here you will find the new Amadeus booking reference at the top.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Is LX award space available on M&M? I can't find it on AC/UA for any dates/routes, be it for long-hauls in Y or short domestic/intra-EU hops.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:36 am

I am flying with my family to miami
Reserved seats and paid for them a while ago. Preferred zone, row 1 in economy
Today I saw, that my wife with the baby lost her basinett seat. I called up, was on hold for 45 minutes and agent promised to put her back in the same seat
I log on now ot check if seat is repaired and not only isnt that the case, but one of my kids also lost a seat?!
Does this make sense?

I cant even get into the seatmap, it just says

We have recorded your entry. Your advance seat reservation is presently being updated.

This is for hours
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
By the way, LX moving to Amadeus, does that also mean that they'll introduce automatic seat blocking for SEN like Lufthansa? Would be great.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, all will have the same logic.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Looks there are still some bugs with short haul seat maps and short haul seat reservations in Business. I've only seen it on A320 and A321, but maybe it affects others as well.

I was happy when I saw that - finally - all business seats were open for reservation on a few A32x flights later in the year.
Had Swiss eventually heard me and given up the ridiculous seat blocking?

Sure enough, I can now select any seats also in rows 1-3, and I can even save it on Swiss.com.
I got a bit suspicious when expertflyer wouldn't show my updated seats.
So I went back to Swiss.com, re-opened my reservation, and the seats had moved back to those I've had before.

We've had that before, didn't we?

The funny thing is that experflyer still showed row 3 as blocked seats, but I could select and save those seats. At the moment, I just seem to get kicked out of row 2 when I try to book these (2C and 2D specifically)

Not the end of the world, but it would be nice if they could fix it, and I still believe it would be ten times smarter to just give up on that seatblocking.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:41 pm

I managed to get 1A on ZRH-IST and on the way back without any problem, for what it's worth.

(*G, but not SEN, if that makes any difference.)
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, all will have the same logic.
Did automatic seat blocking come in last weekend when they changed parts of their system to Amadeus? Or will we have to wait for the introduction of the new DCS?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
According to an LX agent, first stations should migrate to DCS in a couple of weeks, with the main hubs before July
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Matmid, HHONORS
SWISS will change DCS?

Hi,
After SWISS changed their reservation system to Altea, when they will change their DCS to Altea? It will include a new online chkin system?
By the way, does anyone knows if Lufthansa also use Altea as DCS?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.