FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   SWISS changing their booking system to Amadeus in 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1500078-swiss-changing-their-booking-system-amadeus-2016-a.html)

klausa Jan 31, 16 5:28 am

Nope. At least it doesn't work for bookings made before the switchover.

goliath Jan 31, 16 5:41 am

Adding older bookings to M&M / CheckMyTrip / ... works fine for me.

Obviously, the old LX booking reference does not work.

You have to find the new Amadeus reference first, which is hidden here: open your booking on swiss.com -> click on "e-Documents" -> "send". Here you will find the new Amadeus booking reference at the top.

lukasz Jan 31, 16 6:03 am

It looks though that only booking classes U and above are loaded for GVA originating flights

fanb Jan 31, 16 6:24 am

Originally Posted by goliath (Post 26109237)
Adding older bookings to M&M / CheckMyTrip / ... works fine for me.

Obviously, the old LX booking reference does not work.

You have to find the new Amadeus reference first, which is hidden here: open your booking on swiss.com -> click on "e-Documents" -> "send". Here you will find the new Amadeus booking reference at the top.

Thank you ! I could also see the new booking code on the top of the my bookings page on the left under booking reference :) !

goliath Jan 31, 16 6:45 am

Originally Posted by fanb (Post 26109321)
Thank you !

That would have to go to spoky83 at VFT, that is where I got the tip from.

LHSEN Jan 31, 16 7:41 am

Just tried to change my trip online via SWISS.com, did not work ...

Your enquiry cannot be processed at the moment due to technical problems. Please try again later. (90002)

San Gottardo Jan 31, 16 7:44 am

Originally Posted by fanb (Post 26109074)
Does this mean that i will be able to open bookings made on swiss.com in my profile on lh.com and the m&m website? that would be cool ..

Yes.

But you'll need to manually import your LX bookings into LH. Which is simple, as the new reservation reference is the one shown in the booking overview on the LX site if you have booked through a channel that used Amadeus (some online portals, travel agencies, etc). Otherwise you get it by clicking on "e-documents". Just use that to manually add it to the LH booking overview.

Except that just now the LX booking system has a breakdown... managed to import several bookings, but then suddenly it doesn't work anymore, nor can I see details of the booking on the LX site. Matter of time I guess.

PetzLUX Jan 31, 16 8:01 am

Originally Posted by fanb (Post 26109074)
Does this mean that i will be able to open bookings made on swiss.com in my profile on lh.com and the m&m website? that would be cool ..

I just did import all my LX bookings into M&M. Works fine, all seats are still in...^

LoungeLizzard Jan 31, 16 9:26 am

Yes, it looks like they didn't break it so far. That's good.

Apart from the fact that I can still see my reservations, I did expect a bit more.
For example, I would like to see more services to become available (again) online. Wishful thinking maybe but I find that LX is not progressing at all here.

- The Multi City Tool on Swiss appears to be as poor as before. (It refuses to find availability for anything even slightly interesting.)
- I still can neither reserve nor see special meals or special services online.
- Seats still show incorrectly or not at all for other star alliance carriers in my reservation. (for example United.)

So those smart people at the world economic forum can continue to talk about a new industrial revolution.
I'd already be happy with a small evolution.

greg5 Jan 31, 16 10:27 am

I've got a booking now working with the 'My Flights' iPhone app. It'll be interesting to see if it now picks up any changes that happen with the flights, as it should.

PetzLUX Jan 31, 16 10:46 am

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard (Post 26109952)
Yes, it looks like they didn't break it so far. That's good.

Apart from the fact that I can still see my reservations, I did expect a bit more.
For example, I would like to see more services to become available (again) online. Wishful thinking maybe but I find that LX is not progressing at all here.

- The Multi City Tool on Swiss appears to be as poor as before. (It refuses to find availability for anything even slightly interesting.)
- I still can neither reserve nor see special meals or special services online.
- Seats still show incorrectly or not at all for other star alliance carriers in my reservation. (for example United.)

So those smart people at the world economic forum can continue to talk about a new industrial revolution.
I'd already be happy with a small evolution.

How about waiting a bit?
This weekend it was important to get the migration done and the system working. Adjustments can still be done...

bobhope2 Jan 31, 16 11:14 am

Did they adjust the pricing too? P class also seems to have disappeared on my routes.

bobhope2 Jan 31, 16 11:35 am

Business pricing nuts now. Also the airtrain bsl-zrh-xxx ridiculous even in eco.

PetzLUX Jan 31, 16 11:43 am

Wait a bit.
Always when there were some changes on the systems, pricing went nuts on the first day.
It takes a bit of time to have all the updates done.

PetzLUX Jan 31, 16 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by greg5 (Post 26110211)
I've got a booking now working with the 'My Flights' iPhone app. It'll be interesting to see if it now picks up any changes that happen with the flights, as it should.

It does work.
A seat change did show up in myflights quickly after I made the change.
An aircraft change did also show up tonight.