Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LufthansaFlyer
SWISS Contests and Sweepstakes (Dedicated Thread)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Placeholder post for future SWISS contests, sweeps, etc.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
@LH flyer: Why did you start that thread?

It's not like anyone will ever be able to steal the first post of a new thread, is it?

Or did you want to point out the fact that there are very few such contests so it will remain quite empty?

I'm all for organized threads and easy reading but I find it annoying to open a new thread without content.

The Swiss sub-forum is not overly active, so I think we could deal very well with single threads if there is anything worthwile going on.
Makes it easier to spot the news rather than having to access this thread over and over again just to be disappointed if nothing's changed.

My vote is to close this.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
@LH flyer: Why did you start that thread?

It's not like anyone will ever be able to steal the first post of a new thread, is it?

Or did you want to point out the fact that there are very few such contests so it will remain quite empty?

I'm all for organized threads and easy reading but I find it annoying to open a new thread without content.

The Swiss sub-forum is not overly active, so I think we could deal very well with single threads if there is anything worthwile going on.
Makes it easier to spot the news rather than having to access this thread over and over again just to be disappointed if nothing's changed.

My vote is to close this.
The thread was created so that I had a link to reference to for my readers. As LX sweepstakes and contests emerge, they'll go here. The same was done in the LH thread but LH had active contests so there was immediate content. My vote is to keep it open, and it has the support of the mods. Sorry that you're annoyed. You're the only one that has voiced displeasure over this thread.

Using single threads is a bad idea because contests tend to be ongoing and can last for weeks, having a catch-all thread where readers have a consolidated list of contest will be helpful over the long term.

Additionally, when there is a new post to the thread it will rise to the top of all the threads just like any other. This has been common practice for dozens and dozens of threads (like where to sit on a plane, lounge info, 747-8i ops, etc).
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:37 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
The thread was created so that I had a link to reference to for my readers.
That particular argument doesn't really help your case. Starting FT threads in order to have a link for your blog is not something most of us would be in favour of. That said, having a "competitions" thread that people can subscribe to does make sense, IMO -- it would have just made more sense to wait for some content rather than create it based on the needs of your blog.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IMH
That particular argument doesn't really help your case. Starting FT threads in order to have a link for your blog is not something most of us would be in favour of. That said, having a "competitions" thread that people can subscribe to does make sense, IMO -- it would have just made more sense to wait for some content rather than create it based on the needs of your blog.
I could have waited til there was a contest, but I was writing about the LH version yesterday and it was easier to have the LX one start as well. Under no circumstance will there ever be re-directs back to my site from this thread. Is this really such a major inconvenience? In a week or so, it will be moot hopefully.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I don't see any problem as it is not a sticky...Can't wait to get infos about sweepstakes etc. I seem to miss most of them (and never win
Maybe we can add other travel related contests?
W
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:27 am
Original Poster

SWISS giving away VIP tickets to Festival del Film Locarno

SWISS is giving away 10 pairs of VIP passes to the film festival in Locarno taking place 7 August to 17 August.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

If you look at the events LX sponsors, its easy to guess when the next contest will come up

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_sw...g_partner.aspx
Old Jul 10, 2013, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you look at the events LX sponsors, its easy to guess when the next contest will come up

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_sw...g_partner.aspx
If they do it "right" there could be some great contests around those events, especially the sports.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:11 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

LX US is giving away a trip to Europe if you upload some travel photo: http://socialmedia.swiss.com/photocontest/
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:19 am

LX, Avis and Graubünden are giving away some nice things: http://www.swiss.com/web/DE/various/...ntry=DE&lang=2
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:54 am

LX in CH is giving away 10x2 vouchers for flights inside Europe:

http://www.swiss.com/web/DE/various/...erball-ShortDE
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LX US is giving away a trip to Europe if you upload some travel photo: http://socialmedia.swiss.com/photocontest/
It looks like this competition may not be just for people in the US.

Register now for the summer vacation contest and vote for your favourite photos to win great prizes such as 10,000 ‪miles‬ for your Miles & More account or a SWISS model ‪airplane‬! Each day you have 10 votes to submit. We will pick the winners after the contest closes on 31 August.

Photo prize: A round-trip flight for two to a European SWISS destination of your choice.

Voters' prizes:
- a model SWISS airplane
- 10,000 miles for your Miles & More account
- a SWISS surprise package
- SWISS coffee cups
- a SWISS stabilizer lamp
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:18 am

LX, Gourmetfleisch.de, DMAX and Canon have launched 'Meat & Fly', win a trip to NYC and some meat:

http://meatandfly.de/
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:57 am

LX is giving away 300 tickets, some creativity required:

http://www.seatsforswitzerland.com/#!/en/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.