LX ZRH-SIN - double miles in Economy

Old Jun 3, 13, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
LX ZRH-SIN - double miles in Economy

Hi there,

might be a silly question but I don't know the answer (yet):

Booked on LX 178&179 in Eco (upgradable booking class) in June and wondering what happened when at gate receiving an op-up? Refuse, because I want the benefit of double miles?

Code:
**Terms and conditions of participation
Ideally, you should register for this promotion before your first flight and certainly no later than 30 June 2013. 
You only need to register once; this registration is then valid for the whole of the promotional period. You will receive the additional award miles for scheduled flights with Swiss International Air Lines, Zurich-Singapore-Zurich, flight numbers LX178/LX179, in Economy Class, for a maximum of 8 flight sections. Outbound and inbound flights must take place during the promotional period.

Furthermore, as return flight on LX 179 arrives at 06.10am, need then to drive directly to work - if I do an upgrade by miles, how does it look like with this "double miles promo"?

Again, might be a silly question...
Old Jun 3, 13, 7:51 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Your mileage accumulation will follow your paid booking class, which will be Economy regardless of whether you get an op-up or use miles to upgrade. As such, if you're registered you will get the double miles.
Old Jun 3, 13, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by airoli View Post
Your mileage accumulation will follow your paid booking class, which will be Economy regardless of whether you get an op-up or use miles to upgrade. As such, if you're registered you will get the double miles.
However, in this case, the M&M system will NOT automatically get you the miles for the promo if you don't fly in Economy. If you're using miles/evoucher/op-up/cash-upgrade to fly in Business class, you'll have to manually claim the extra miles.
Old Jun 3, 13, 9:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I've received an email message from M&M that their technical department has been informed about this error and that they are working on a solution.
Old Jun 4, 13, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Thx all for your feedback!
Good to know that I can go on upgrading for return flight still benefiting from this promo... ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: