Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revenue Managment PVG - ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Revenue Managment PVG - ZRH

I will by traveling in May from Pudong to Zurich in C. Being China based, I have in the past always supported LX. Unfortunately, Revenue Management has decided that for all Sundays/Mondays in May only C/D/J is available. Whilst I appreciate that there might be demand, it seems that right now there is plenty of availability. To make a story short, LX would charge me for the return more than some of the middle eastern carriers charge for the whole trip.

I will still fly *A but just not LX.. for 400 USD less than LX C I fly TG F with a 3 hour layover in BKK - with the triple miles I will make Sen :-) thanks Revenue Management for making me look elsewhere !!

Trip report to follow mid May
Old Feb 23, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by laoshu
thanks Revenue Management for making me look elsewhere !!
Well said! This seems to be a new trend...
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
I have an even better example, MUC-ZRH...

One week prior to the departure the inventory was following (made copy-paste on Jan 25th):

LX () 1109 0 MUC 01/02/13 17:05 ZRH 01/02/13 18:00 AR1 J9 C9 D0 Z0 P0 Y9 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 E0 L0 K0

This means: About 650 EUR per way for 270km...

The whole week, the inventory of the flight didn't change (I had a booking in L, done last September).
Two hours before departure, the online-checkin showed about 80 empty seats in economy, so I anticipated a cancellation and took the train. I had a lecture at Frauenfeld and didn't want to come late.

LX was indeed stupid enough to refund me everything but 31 EUR and to fly with about 15 passengers. Probably they were all connecting passengers, as the flight was widely open in all classes (!!!) as first segment in a connection (checked MUC-ZRH-MXP).

We don't talk about a sunday afternoon during the holiday season, but about a Friday evening at 5pm! When my home-route was still affordable, LX1109 was always full on a Friday evening.

My former favourite airline obviously became a master in rip-off - fortunately there are also trains on MUC-ZRH (but for 650 EUR per way, I can also take a taxi and even get a bl.. ..ob from the driver) and other airlines on PVG-ZRH.

Pride goes before a fall. My loyalty with LX already fell from about 200K miles per year to exactly 157 single miles in 2012...
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:50 pm

Programs: MMSen, HHonorsGold, Starwood Platinum
I can agree with this -my route is always str-waw. In 2011 it was 100% via zrh - my last flight with swiss on this destination was in June. Always swiss is most expensive airline to this destination - and dont give any miles. When you check before planes have free seats.
So i choose the way via vie - not cheap, but cheaper than swiss. And AUA start to get a more and more good airline.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

For one of my clients I always book TG F instead of LX C. Cheaper and FC is FC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.