Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH Swiss Arrivals Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by airoli
Not sure when you will travel, but right now the Arrival Lounge in Zurich is closed with no opening date announced.

I believe Senators have access to the departure lounge (A gates) when they arrive, plus one guest, so you might be able to go there upon arrival from FRA.
That's about your best bet. When arriving from FRA, it won't be a detour to just pass by there. Rules are imho that it's just SEN without +1 for accessing it on arrival, so it might be denied for your +1.

If you got luggage, it will run some turns and then be placed at the Lost&Found counter. It's possible to do that, but will add some "pick up time".

With COVID still in full swing on tourism, it might just be that the hotel is willing to let you check in early. It's not like hotels are booked out anywhere near close. Could be the smoother alternative, to give them a call ahead about it, or just head there. Worst case, if they're playing stingy with checkin time, drop your luggage there and do some sightseeing around Zürich for some hours as an alternative.
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:43 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Similar qns, but I'm flying SIN ZRH on SQ in C, need 3 hours while waiting for other group members to arrive before heading off to ski.

Am I able to use one of the Senator lounges (problem I forsee is that I didnt come in on LX / LH metal)
Otherwise I should be able to use the Primeclass lounge via PriorityPass?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 3:20 pm

Unless you're SEN/HON, no access. Wouldn't make a difference on which carrier.

If PriorityPass allows entry, that's your only choice. Or you could head head landside, and wait there on a coffee for them.

(I won't comment that coming to Switzerland while we hit new COVID/Omicron hights and all rules coming with it its quite risky, especially from a country that has it relatively well under control like Singapore - who just ENDED their VTL with Switzerland over Omicron..)
Old Dec 22, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by lsed
Otherwise I should be able to use the Primeclass lounge via PriorityPass?
AFAIK Priority Pass does not give lounge access without a departing boarding pass.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:27 pm

I'll be arriving in ZRH in C on a flight from DXB which departed the same calendar day as arrival (0115-0610 flight time). My onward segment is in Y. Will I be able to access one of the traditional lounges on arrival or only the landside arrivals lounge?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:07 am

Only the landside arrivals lounge (apparently suspected to re-open on 2nd May)
YYCCL3 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Only the landside arrivals lounge (apparently suspected to re-open on 2nd May)
Looks like it is opening on the 3rd of May as per their website.

"Opening times As of 3rd May 2022 daily from 06:00 am - 01:00 pm"
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I walked by the arrivals lounge last week and it looks almost ready - they had taken down the screens and you can see in.

It looks pretty much the same as before - chairs and tables are different but similar layout.

Looking forward to using it for the first time since two years.
Old May 9, 2022, 3:53 am

Have the access rules changed for the arrivals lounge:

The SWISS Arrival Lounge is welcoming status guests and guests in SWISS First and SWISS Business on incoming long-haul flights between 6 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Is this new? I don't remember it being there in 2019.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:56 am

Definitely new. What's even worse: Before, ANY *A arriving flight would grant you access as FTL/SEN/HON. Now it seems it needs to be on LX metal. This is a massive "enhancement" if true. (Yes, I don't trust anything from LX nowadays, from their terrible "social media" to their usually heavily outdated website)
Old May 9, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: LXFF
Make sense to reservce this for longhaul flights. For me the entire point is to arrive from a night flight and have a nice shower to start the day and head out to business meetings and such.
Old May 9, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by bobhope2
I walked by the arrivals lounge last week and it looks almost ready - they had taken down the screens and you can see in.

It looks pretty much the same as before - chairs and tables are different but similar layout.

Looking forward to using it for the first time since two years.
On the website they say 2 day rooms are available. That's new right?
Old May 9, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ced_lx
Make sense to reservce this for longhaul flights. For me the entire point is to arrive from a night flight and have a nice shower to start the day and head out to business meetings and such.
What if I connect in FRA at 6 or 7 in the morning from a long-haul, with enough time only to go through security and passport control? I would hope I would count into the "entire point" in this situation.

bawm
Old May 9, 2022, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by bawm
What if I connect in FRA at 6 or 7 in the morning from a long-haul, with enough time only to go through security and passport control? I would hope I would count into the "entire point" in this situation.

bawm
Considering it's LH group, they probably haven't even thought through the whole process, and will "hotfix" it - or maybe even not. Or keep some "loopholes".

In short, it's back to pre-covid crazyness, which is different than covid-crazyness. Same same but different.
Old May 9, 2022, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by ced_lx
On the website they say 2 day rooms are available. That's new right?
They were there before the refit too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.