Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH Swiss Arrivals Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, there is a thread about access to the ZRH Swiss Arrival Lounge in the LX sub-forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...al-lounge.html

I will check with LX Lurker if there have been changes to the rules so I can keep the first post of the thread up to date.
There are other threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...g-members.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...n-swiss-g.html

It seems that after the new lounge opened, *golds were allowed but then the rules were changed. So, I am wondering whether the receptionist made an error or didn't know about the updated rules when she let me in as a UA *gold.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:06 pm

I will be on lx j from arn to zrh. 18hr connection time 10pm-430pm next day. Then onto bos in lx j. Will I be able to use the arrivals lounge the next morning before re entering the airport?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:31 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
I will be on lx j from arn to zrh. 18hr connection time 10pm-430pm next day. Then onto bos in lx j. Will I be able to use the arrivals lounge the next morning before re entering the airport?
I don't think you can since it's an arrival lounge. You can access the Business Lounge in A or D, as well as the Panorama Lounge in E the following morning.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I am pretty sure I have seen the arrival lounge on some PP listings, but not online. Does anyone know if Priority Pass is accepted?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
It would be interesting to see if you can make this work...
Technically, since you are on a connection, you are still "arriving" until you board for your next flight. I'm curious which written "rule" they can use to refuse you (which is what they will probably do). The date of arrival maybe?

Any special reason why you would like to use the arrival lounge instead of the departure lounges? The showers?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat + SPG Plat
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by cfischer
I am pretty sure I have seen the arrival lounge on some PP listings, but not online. Does anyone know if Priority Pass is accepted?
PP is not accepted for the Swiss Arrivals lounge in ZRH.

Here's a good source of information on this topic from the official Swiss rep on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...al-lounge.html

Last edited by coastalguy; Jan 25, 2014 at 9:22 pm
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:28 pm

To clarify, you can only access the ZRH arrivals lounge only if you're flying LX in business or first. Nothing else qualifies, not even *G/premium cabins on other *A metal etc
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EdDalton
To clarify, you can only access the ZRH arrivals lounge only if you're flying LX in business or first. Nothing else qualifies, not even *G/premium cabins on other *A metal etc
The "nothing else qualifies" part is not correct.

In addtion to arriving on LX C or F, you also get access if:

- you arrive after a LH F flight
- you arrive on LC C shorthaul (after a LH C longhaul to DUS, MUC, FRA)
- you have FTL, SEN status (irrespective of where you are arriving from and in which class - you need to arrive on *A, though)
- you have HON status (irrespective of where you are arriving from, in which class and on which carrier)
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by goliath
The "nothing else qualifies" part is not correct.

In addtion to arriving on LX C or F, you also get access if:

- you arrive after a LH F flight
- you arrive on LC C shorthaul (after a LH C longhaul to DUS, MUC, FRA)
- you have FTL, SEN status (irrespective of where you are arriving from and in which class - you need to arrive on *A, though)
- you have HON status (irrespective of where you are arriving from, in which class and on which carrier)
yes, i should have clarified here. my bad, i know these other statuses you mentioned allows you into the arrivals lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goliath
I do believe you need to be flying on a Lufthansa Group and/or Star Alliance carrier to access this lounge with HON status on arrival.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I do believe you need to be flying on a Lufthansa Group and/or Star Alliance carrier to access this lounge with HON status on arrival.
Yes, that seems to be an enhancement since the lounge first opened. I must post a couple of questions in the lurker thread to seek clarification.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Yes, that seems to be an enhancement since the lounge first opened. I must post a couple of questions in the lurker thread to seek clarification.
All I know is that they've let me in twice on UA business class boarding passes and *G status. The latest as recently as September. Maybe that's changed....
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by harryhood
All I know is that they've let me in twice on UA business class boarding passes and *G status. The latest as recently as September. Maybe that's changed....
Above was discussing flying a non-star alliance carrier- with UA you should be OK as for the moment at least there is still a somewhat happy star alliance.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:57 pm

I have at last posted questions about the current access policies and SWISS Lurker has confirmed some changes to the policies were introduced during the summer of 2013.

• HON, SEN and FTL (regardless of class of travel) have access to the arrival lounge if arriving on an LX operated or marketing (LX flight number) flight, or if arriving from an LH Intercontinental flight.
  • Other airlines' First and Business Class guests only have access if their ticket is issued with LX as marketing carrier.

SWISS Lurker's response may be found here.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
You can access the Business Lounge in A or D, as well as the Panorama Lounge in E the following morning.
Which of these (and the arrivals lounge) would you recommend. We are travelling LX Business Class (and are *A Gold) SIN-ZRH-MXP with plenty of time for a shower & coffee.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.