Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very slow meal service in C

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Viennafly
I was sitting in front of empty wine and water glasses all the time.
Is Swiss not very good about offering drink refills as needed? Or do C class pax simply have to wait for the cart to roll around? I hate how European airlines do that. It rushes people as they know that is there only chance to get a refill rather than letting people enjoy their drinks at their own leisure.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:15 am

I had the same experience recently on ZRH -DME, which is a 3 hr flight:
( was seated in 1A ):

No pre meal drink offering at all, except the mineral water bottle in seat pocket
Started serving from the back of the C-cabin meals and drinks 45 min after take off
Slow progress along the cabin, meal cart arrived at row one 1.5 hrs (!) after take off

Food choice still: (ravioli or meat ) but served cold!
Got one glass of wine and asked food to be reheated
got it back in lukewarm condition
was never asked for a 2nd glass of wine, cabin crew disappeared behin curtain for rest of the flight

LX cabin staff training been outsourced to AA or US ?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by Fendant
LX cabin staff training been outsourced to AA or US ?
No, even worse: No more training at all!

I flew ZRH-YUL in C. It took about 1hr30 for drinks and more 2h15 for the starters to be served. About 3h into the flight, still waiting for the main course and a second drink serving, I decided to visit the MdC compartment where she was doing some paperwork She told me that unfortunately the galley attendant in C had no training whatsoever and was indeed on her first flight. She asked me some compassion with untrained staff. The rest of the conversation was about the level of the training of the MdC doing paperwork in such a situation ...
Old Apr 13, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by swiss_global
I flew ZRH-YUL in C. It took about 1hr30 for drinks
Usually on US carriers it takes 90 minutes for the seat belt sign to go off - so it could be much worse :-)
Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
Was hoping for improvement

I have been hoping for some improvement in serving times, noise, etc., but it seems that Swiss has still not gotten the message that while the seat is excellent for sleeping, the service does sometimes prevents it

- Why does it take 30-60' longer to serve the meal after take off than it takes AF or even sometimes LH?
- Why does breakfast (which gets less and less exciting) need to start two hours before landing?
- Why do they serve the D and G seats from the same aisle, reaching over one passenger (and often waking me up!) to serve somebody closer to the other aisle? On the 2245 departures, many passengers, including me, want to sleep, not listen to people eat!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
I've given up doing the meal the service on JFK to ZRH flights. Way too long and the flight is way too short. Swiss undoubtedly is amongst the slowest when it comes to cabin service in business. And god help you if you want a drink refill. Good luck with that. That's why I now always order two drinks at once.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
Different experience for me on ORD-ZRH this monday. Menu choice was noted prior to take off, appetizer was in front of me maybe 30 mins after take off the latest. Was done and fast asleep before the first movie ended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.