ZRH-BKK-ZRH in Y. Swiss or Thai?

Old Sep 2, 2012, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist. Previously: A3-*G, LH-FTL
ZRH-BKK-ZRH in Y. Swiss or Thai?

I'm planning a couple of weeks in Thailand in Sep.
If I fly through ZRH, Swiss sells both flights operated by them and flights operated by Thai (Swiss codeshare) at the same price.

Since the price is exactly the same, any recommendations on what to chose?
I'm an FTL with LH if it matters.

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: LX SEN
I'd go for LX. I like late evening departures and the seat is quite comfortable also in Y. Food is good and usually a good bord atmosphere.

Last edited by alinghi90; Sep 2, 2012 at 4:25 pm
Old Sep 2, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
I'd go for TG, because of more generous seat pitch (34'; on LX 31-32').
Old Sep 2, 2012, 7:22 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
My vote goes to TG: better seat pitch, better food, more friendly F/A's... IMHO LX is overrated these days...
Old Sep 3, 2012, 2:56 am

Programs: LX/LH SENATOR AF/KL FLYING BLUE GOLD
Originally Posted by TPJ
My vote goes to TG: better seat pitch, better food, more friendly F/A's... IMHO LX is overrated these days...
I find on the contrary that Thai is overrated. Ok the trays are bigger in Y, but the F/As are usually not friendly. And I am not even talking about those awful business class seats.

I avoid them if I can and would go for LX
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by TLV guy
I'm an FTL with LH if it matters.
In case you plan on earning miles on this flight, be very careful with the booking class if you choose for the code share. Last year I did not get the miles on a ticket booked on the LX website, LX flight number but operated by TG - even if during the booking process they promised me 100% miles.

So make sure to check the booking class on the Star Alliance website before buying!

Apart from that, I prefer flying TG above LX on ZHR - BKK, mainly because of the extra legroom.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist. Previously: A3-*G, LH-FTL
Originally Posted by Koby
In case you plan on earning miles on this flight, be very careful with the booking class if you choose for the code share. Last year I did not get the miles on a ticket booked on the LX website, LX flight number but operated by TG - even if during the booking process they promised me 100% miles.

So make sure to check the booking class on the Star Alliance website before buying!
How can I know which booking class am I being booked to in TG if I'm booking on the LX website?

I couldn't find any such tool on the Star Alliance website.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by TLV guy
How can I know which booking class am I being booked to in TG if I'm booking on the LX website?

I couldn't find any such tool on the Star Alliance website.
This is a mystery within Star Alliance and nowhere published. Therefore I personally never book codeshares.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.