Community
Wiki Posts
Search

* Gold Luggage Policy on LX?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Plat, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite
* Gold Luggage Policy on LX?

We are flying United IAD-CDG for a quick 2 day visit, we then travel CDG-ZRH-BCN on LX. Will I be able to check bags with no fee on LX?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:00 am

As a *G you should be able to... I have no experience (yet!) with LX but all *A airlines I've flown on have honoured the listed baggage entitlement... at least on fares where baggage was allowed at all....
Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:19 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Moving this question to the Swiss International Airlines Forum, where it is more topical (and likely to receive definative answers).

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its spelled out here: http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/services...d_baggage.aspx

*G get one extra item above the normal limit. Non elite passengers get one bag free in economy already, so a *G would get two bags free inside europe.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Plat, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite
Thanks for the link.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:17 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
so a *G would get two bags free inside europe.
... plus baggage will be PRIORITY tagged and this priority-tagged baggage has a good chance of really be prioritized for pick up in BCN...
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:49 am

Hi, bumping this old thread in order to avoid a new one.

I have never flown with more than one checked luggage on LX before but tomorrow I will be flying to China with 2x23 kg + 1 golf bag. I assume that is OK? I am a SEN.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by A380*G
I have never flown with more than one checked luggage on LX before but tomorrow I will be flying to China with 2x23 kg + 1 golf bag. I assume that is OK? I am a SEN.
Your SEN gives you +1 free bag. So if you're travelling in Y, your two bags already use this +1 and the golf bag will cost extra. If you're travelling in C or F, your base ticket allowance is 2 bags, and the +1 will be your golf bag.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The above advice is incorrect. As long as you are not traveling to/from/via the US or Canada you get a free golf bag in addition to your standard allowance and one extra piece.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
hugolover, I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing out my mistake. While I have been quoting straight from the LX website, I have indeed been overlooking the tiny * that says
SWISS HON Circle and Senator members can check-in 1 set of golfing equipment free of charge on worldwide routes except for flights to/from/via USA/CAN.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:20 am

Thanks, it all worked out without any problems!
Old May 26, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime platinum
8 kg limit on hand luggage

Flying LX for the first time soon. We always carry on our roll aboards. But I was checking the swiss.com site and it says that each piece of cabin luggage is limited to 8 kg. That's only 17.5 lbs. I am used to the size limitations but not weight limits. Glad I checked. Is the weight limit truly enforced?
Old May 27, 2013, 3:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Depends on how full the flight is. The staff in SIN double checked our size and gave us 'approved' cabin baggage tags for the longhaul segment. In ZRH and MUC the baggage was checked for weight and size and anything over was tagged for hold check.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I wonder if LX is tightening up their carry-on baggage rules. On MAN to ZRH recently they wanted to weigh my regulation Rimowa trolley. As it weighed 11.4 kg I said I could take a few things out if necessary and the agent asked me if there was a laptop inside and if so I should take it out before boarding (or once on board... I can't remember). I replied yes (though actually the laptop was in my handbag ) and she attached an "approved" baggage tag. I kept the tag for my connecting longhaul flight and no further question was asked.

Previously I was sometimes asked to show my carry-on at check-in (I go there for a fast track security sticker even though I've already checked in online) but they've never tried to weigh my case when they've seen its size.
Old May 27, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Interesting observation Newbierunner

Mine is somewhat different as I have noticed that (since the opening of D pier) they are becoming somewhat less concerned about weighing sizing up carry on bags on flights to London

Everyone still manages to cram their carry on bags into some space on the little Avros

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.