FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Why can't I pick seats [on LX C] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1358442-why-cant-i-pick-seats-lx-c.html)

tomj888 Jun 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Why can't I pick seats [on LX C]

Flying to ARN on Swiss in Sept. Bought a Biz class fare but had to call for seats and then I read on the Swiss Website that seats are NOT guaranteed. Why do they do that?
Looking forward to flying LX 40&41 to try the new biz seats. Wanted K seats but those seem to be all gone? Sounds weird. Where can I go to see seat maps? I am a United 1K and used to being able to see loads.
thanks in advance for all answers.

UAPremExecflyer Jun 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by tomj888 (Post 18785273)
Flying to ARN on Swiss in Sept. Bought a Biz class fare but had to call for seats and then I read on the Swiss Website that seats are NOT guaranteed. Why do they do that?
Looking forward to flying LX 40&41 to try the new biz seats. Wanted K seats but those seem to be all gone? Sounds weird. Where can I go to see seat maps? I am a United 1K and used to being able to see loads.
thanks in advance for all answers.

Your seats are UA are not guaranteed either. Not sure where you got that notion?

htb Jun 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Sometimes, when the flight is overbooked, they will ask a couple of business class passengers to stand in the galley for the duration of the flight. Therefore seats cannot be guaranteed.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

HTB.

Singapore_Air Jun 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Have you tried putting in your booking reference and surname on the box in the top right corner of Lufthansa.com ? I select my SWISS seats that way.

Latitudes Jun 20, 2012 3:07 am

I'm a United 1K who is flying twice on LX later this year in Business Class. On both flights I have been able to book my preferred seats by calling Swiss.

RTW1 Jun 20, 2012 3:47 am

Nothing new here... the Swiss web systems don't have the option of choosing seats, you have to call or wait for OLCI. Quite old-school, but that's how they still do it....
And seats assignments are never guaranteed (have you never seen that disclaimer before?) but you normally get the seat that you have chosen :-).

flyer0409 Jun 20, 2012 6:11 am

I'm flying Business next week, called and got seats (K) in both directions. I wasn't too thrilled, though, when the customer service rep told that all of the double table single seats and front cabin were reserved for "special customers." It made me feel very un-special.

RTW1 Jun 20, 2012 6:20 am

Very poor communication if this is what they told you.... It would sound a lot better when they tell you that some seats are blocked for members of their FFP, but only until 24hrs before departure. Then you can choose a seat that hasn't been reserved.

The seat blocking is a somewhat "double-edged sword". For people who get it, it's a nice perk. But if you are paying full fare you also want the best seat, and you are denied some seats.

The single table single seats are also quite good....

behuman Jun 20, 2012 7:56 am

Originally Posted by RTW1 (Post 18788041)
The single table single seats are also quite good....

Or I would say even better, because the "tunnel" for the feet is bigger. Of course 4 A is still the prime seat, but unless you are HON or SEN impossible to get it.

Thorgils Jun 20, 2012 8:05 am

Where can I go to see seat maps? I am a United 1K and used to being able to see loads.

Try free access to http://www.expertflyer.com/.

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air (Post 18786892)
Have you tried putting in your booking reference and surname on the box in the top right corner of Lufthansa.com ? I select my SWISS seats that way.

It doesn't work for me with a SWISS PNR (issued by booking on the SWISS website); I believe you need the (different) LH PNR to do this.

flyer0409 Jun 20, 2012 5:46 pm

I do want to point out that I paid for my ticket-- no miles; no upgrade-- not that it should matter. I am fairly comfortable with my K seats but it was handled very badly.

Crampedin13A Jun 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by flyer0409 (Post 18791932)
I do want to point out that I paid for my ticket-- no miles; no upgrade-- not that it should matter. I am fairly comfortable with my K seats but it was handled very badly.

I wouldn't take it too personally. Every time I phone up to get 4A (knowing beforehand that it is available) they tell me it's not available. I then say not even for a Senator? Which is always followed by an apology and me being put in 4A. I just think it's how the LX call center agents are. They are polite but not always on the top of their game.:)

NewbieRunner Jun 20, 2012 7:07 pm

I have sat in 4A at least twice as well as 6K and 7K and I actually prefer 7K. I didn't feel wedged in as I did in 4A and I think the seat may be wider since you can lower the armrest on the window side.

flyer0409 Jun 21, 2012 5:43 am

Unfortunately, all I could get was 9K each way-- no window.

CheckInPeach Jun 21, 2012 11:39 am

Originally Posted by flyer0409 (Post 18794284)
Unfortunately, all I could get was 9K each way-- no window.

K are window seats. 9K is not bad.