Community
Wiki Posts
Search

selective SEN booking guarantee?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
selective SEN booking guarantee?

Interesting comment by a Swiss Call center agent today when I called to rebook my Y (booking-)class ticket on JNB-ZRH. The flight is completely 0ed out in all classes, so I insisted (for the 2nd time in a week, did the same on ZRh-JNB) on my booking guarantee up until 48 hours.

The agent then said that the booking guarantee has been removed from JNB flights.... I find this very hard to believe, if it's true then that's another massive downgrade of SEN (let alone considering how expensive a Y tix to JNB is).
Can anyone confirm this?

PS: flight got confirmed now
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The booking guarantee is not available on some sectors: S. Africa and SIN are definitely on that list.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Oliver2002 is wrong. LH is liable to provide you the booking guarantee - especially now that it is limited to the most expensive booking classes only anyway.

There is no limitation and as long as there is not limitation published you should not accept any limitation:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
Oliver2002 is wrong. LH is liable to provide you the booking guarantee - especially now that it is limited to the most expensive booking classes only anyway.

There is no limitation and as long as there is not limitation published you should not accept any limitation:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
I wish you were correct SMK77, however oliver2002 is indeed right in this case. Lufthansa, regrettably, is not liable to provide anything in this instance, and indeed there are some certain destinations and certain times of year when the booking guarantee is not available. This is not a recent enhancement- has always been that way. JNB is one of the destinations which LX treats this way, as by the way is GRU at certain times of the year, and HKG/PVG during some peak trade shows.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I wish you were correct SMK77, however oliver2002 is indeed right in this case. Lufthansa, regrettably, is not liable to provide anything in this instance, and indeed there are some certain destinations and certain times of year when the booking guarantee is not available. This is not a recent enhancement- has always been that way. JNB is one of the destinations which LX treats this way, as by the way is GRU at certain times of the year, and HKG/PVG during some peak trade shows.
Why shouldn't LH be liable? They do not publish any restrictions anywhere.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
See post #15 in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...guarantee.html
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
LH has to honor the booking guarantee as long as they don't publish limitations.

Especially if they don't want to block selected single days but a whole period of time for a certain destination.

The OP is looking into Y class only - even the post mentioned by oliver2002 is only talking about C.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
I had a similar experience on the JNB flight in December. Please read this post which was answered by SwissIntl representative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.