11 hours daytime connection at GVA

Old May 30, 2012, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

11 hours daytime connection at GVA

Hello,

I have a semi-ridiculous 11 hours daytime connection at GVA coming up soon, from LX23 to LX3796, land at 9:20 am and leave at 8:10pm... Usually, on a ''normal'' daytime connection, I wouldn't see my bag at all, but I'm wondering if this one is just too long and they will not want to hang on to my bag for all this time.

If it is tagged thru to TXL at JFK, can I leave the airport in GVA without worrying about the bag at all, or should I stick around the carrousel anyway just in case it does come out?

TIA
Old May 30, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I have done this before, even on a longer connection, you will be fine checking your bags through to your final destination and not worring about them. I even did this overnight once.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:52 pm

As Oxymore said: no problem at all, even for an overnight connection. Enjoy Geneva. Make sure you get some Swiss chocolate.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
...Make sure you get some Swiss chocolate.
If you do, note that e few weeks ago I bought some chocolate at the "Chocolate House" or a similar name, and the same brand was ~30% more expensive at the Duty free!
Old May 31, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
To get into town or around you can take advantage of the free travel card (valid 80 minutes).

With effect from January 2008, you can pick up a free ticket for public transport from the machine in the baggage collection area at the Arrival level. This Unireso ticket, offered by Genve Aroport, allows you to use public transport in Geneva free for a period of 80 minutes.
GBM
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:39 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
No problem for the baggage, they will keep it in transit.

In fact, if you were originating from GVA, you can check your baggage in up to 24 hours prior to your flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.