Wiki Posts
Search

LX Ground handling at YUL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA,LH,AC
LX Ground handling at YUL

Having an upcoming trip to ZRH with LX routing YYZ(AC)-YUL-ZRH and with AC already having a wildcat strike today at both YYZ and YUL with what looks like a long period of disruptions ahead I was wondering if someone knew the answers to these 2 questions

1. Does LX use AC for ther ramp and baggage handling and check-in at YUL or an outside contractor like Swissport?

2. Although my first leg of my ticket is with AC YYZ-YUL and I have to do my initial check-in with them I was wondering if on the day of my flight if AC cancels the flights to Montreal due to industrial action if I find my own way to YUL(several other options) will I be able to check in there for my LX flight to ZRH or will they say because I didn't take the first leg that the ticket isn't valid? The ticket is in Z-class so restricted biz but I do need to get to ZRH that day,
Old Mar 25, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
1) 3rd party contractor, but uses AC lounge
2) I don't know, but normally in case of industry action or other irregularities AC is pretty flexible. I guess the most important thing would be to advise them of your intention to make your own way to YUL, so they can delete the first segment from your booking. Is your ticket issued on AC or LX ticket stock?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA,LH,AC
Thank you for the help airoli. The ticket is issued by LX. Actually the original flight to ZRH was on AC YYZ-ZRH but AC cancelled the flight. Neither airline notified me and it was only when I looked in EF for the seat map that I realized something had changed. Dealing with LX's callcentre in Capetown while pleasant it seemed I knew more about what to do as far as changing the ticket than they did originally. That is why I thought I would ask here for advice just so I have some idea what options I have if AC has more industrial action the day of my flight and I have to contact LX again. I enjoyed my last LX flight in J from YUL-ZRH and back so the flight change was actually a bonus even with the extra leg.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
AC flights out of YTZ are a different airline and unaffected. So use that to get to YUL. If you are staying downtown, request the change now. It is much closer and convenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.