LX: Waitlist revenue ticket in C(Z)?

Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
LX: Waitlist revenue ticket in C(Z)?

Hi folks,
I'm trying to book a ticket with Swiss. For the return I can fly at 7am or 5pm (in Business Z), but the 12 o'clock flight shows no availability in any booking class. I called and got the same information. I am wondering if I can somehow waitlist for this flight and if so how I would do that? Thank you.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:56 am
Original Poster

So hotline says they can't price it without the segment hence they can't waitlist me. Seems a bit silly to me, cause why is there a waitlist then?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Zeehe
So hotline says they can't price it without the segment hence they can't waitlist me. Seems a bit silly to me, cause why is there a waitlist then?
problem might be, that your fare requires immediate ticketing (which requires all sectors confirmed on most Z fares)?

in this case, you could book one of the other flights and then (after ticketing) waitlist for the 12 o clock (for a subsequent change fee)
still, if the flight is zeroed out in EVERY class, I wouldn't expect Z to come up
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller
problem might be, that your fare requires immediate ticketing (which requires all sectors confirmed on most Z fares)?

in this case, you could book one of the other flights and then (after ticketing) waitlist for the 12 o clock (for a subsequent change fee)
still, if the flight is zeroed out in EVERY class, I wouldn't expect Z to come up
Thanks for your answer, very appreciated.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by daumueller
Sadly when you q with LH/LX there is a dupe check both on the horizontal as well as vertical level. So if you have a confirmed ticket reservation for more money LX will not give you a discount and allow you to book a lower fare... A confirmed AF/KL or BA segment in the same reservation does wonders for the availability of LX/LH Z though

Another reason to use a TA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.