Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:06 pm

Hello,

I would just like to ask about how a connection in ZRH would work when arriving from Singapore SIN airport and continuing to TLV Airport in Israel, with both arriving and departing flights with SWISS and both on the same ticket. Would I disembark in D/E and then be able to continue to my gate without passing through immigration?

Similarly, when arriving from TLV and continuing to SIN (again both flights with SWISS and on the same ticket) would I disembark into D/E and then be able to continue to my gate without passing through immigration?

A final note: I wrote that both flights in each case are with SWISS, but actually in each of the directions (TLV -> SIN or SIN -> TLV) one of the flights is with "SWISS Global Airlines" and the other with "SWISS International Airlines" but AFAIR these are basically the same as far as passengers are concerned.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by oliver19312
Hello,

I would just like to ask about how a connection in ZRH would work when arriving from Singapore SIN airport and continuing to TLV Airport in Israel, with both arriving and departing flights with SWISS and both on the same ticket. Would I disembark in D/E and then be able to continue to my gate without passing through immigration?

Similarly, when arriving from TLV and continuing to SIN (again both flights with SWISS and on the same ticket) would I disembark into D/E and then be able to continue to my gate without passing through immigration?

A final note: I wrote that both flights in each case are with SWISS, but actually in each of the directions (TLV -> SIN or SIN -> TLV) one of the flights is with "SWISS Global Airlines" and the other with "SWISS International Airlines" but AFAIR these are basically the same as far as passengers are concerned.
Swiss Global / International is just a name they're using to differentiate different paid crews (Global is, if I remember correctly, their former Crossair contract pilots, International is former Swissair) - same airline behind the cockpit door

You'll be passing through security on arrival, and if all in E, stay in the same terminal/area, for both flights. There is a slim chance for an arrival/departure from D, but it wouldn't really complicate things much further (a bit more to walk, a short automated train ride, that's about it)

Please note that both D as well as E do only offer "little" to passengers in terms of entertainment. A few duty free shops, a few restaurants (no low-cost like Burgerking which is in A) - but that's what you're limited to, when you decide to stay in international transit (non-Schengen, as it's called)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:06 pm

Thank you, MichielR!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:14 pm

ZRH Connection - do I leave airside security from LX LX transfer?

Arriving this Monday LX 41 LAX - ZRH then transfer to LX1956 (ZRH - BCN)
Carrying US Passport

Flightstats tells me that LX41 usually lands Terminal 2, and LX1956 departs Terminal 1

So - I clear Schengen Immigration upon Arrival ZRH, but not customs.

QUESTION: Since there are two different terminals involved - do I need to leave Airside security zone to switch between them?

Much appreciated.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
ZRH is one of the best airports for making a transfer/connection.
You will arrive at an E gate ... take the (Heidi) train and follow the signs (likely) for an A gate.
You will go through passport control ... you do not go landside ...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swis...ctions-48.html
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:45 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MackeyBloom
Arriving this Monday LX 41 LAX - ZRH then transfer to LX1956 (ZRH - BCN)
Carrying US Passport

Flightstats tells me that LX41 usually lands Terminal 2, and LX1956 departs Terminal 1

So - I clear Schengen Immigration upon Arrival ZRH, but not customs.

QUESTION: Since there are two different terminals involved - do I need to leave Airside security zone to switch between them?

Much appreciated.
Flights from LAX (and other US airports) usually arrive at E concourse and flights to BCN depart from A concourse. You take the Skymetro shuttle from E to A and go through passport control to enter Schengen but you don’t need to clear security if you follow the correct route.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by MichielR

Yes, more than enough time, with the usual caveat that your flight from FCO should not be delayed more than 15 minutes.
Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:28 am

YUL-ZRH-AMS

Hi guys,

We're flying the YUL-ZRH-AMS route (LX) with a 1 hour 5 minutes layover in ZRH, and just need to confirm some of the item listed below. Thanks a lot in advance!

Flight details

YUL-ZRH
LX 87
Arrival in ZRH: 6:15 AM

ZRH-AMS
LX 724
Departure from ZRH: 7:20 AM

Time in ZRH: 1 hour 5 minutes

Questions
  • Is the LX 87 arriving at E concourse and LX 724 leaving A concourse?
  • How long would the passport/immigration control take in ZRH? 2 PAX, both Canadian passports, flying J.
  • Is there anything we can do to minimize any delays in getting from E concourse to A concourse?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by hsandhar
Hi guys,

We're flying the YUL-ZRH-AMS route (LX) with a 1 hour 5 minutes layover in ZRH, and just need to confirm some of the item listed below. Thanks a lot in advance!

Flight details

YUL-ZRH
LX 87
Arrival in ZRH: 6:15 AM

ZRH-AMS
LX 724
Departure from ZRH: 7:20 AM

Time in ZRH: 1 hour 5 minutes

Questions
  • Is the LX 87 arriving at E concourse and LX 724 leaving A concourse?
  • How long would the passport/immigration control take in ZRH? 2 PAX, both Canadian passports, flying J.
  • Is there anything we can do to minimize any delays in getting from E concourse to A concourse?
Most of the time, you will arrive at E and have to take the train to A.

Again, most of the time, the passport queue will be 5 to 10 Minutes or so. This largely depends on where in the bank of flights arriving around 6 am your YUL flight will be and whether your gate is closer or a little less close to the train platform.

You can minimize delays by picking the shortest queue, the one which has fewest pax that look like they might get a few extra questions and/or taking any passport cover off. Most of the time, though, you just pick one of the booths and find that no queue can be predicted to be faster. Seriously, you will be fine!
hsandhar likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Flights from LAX (and other US airports) usually arrive at E concourse and flights to BCN depart from A concourse. You take the Skymetro shuttle from E to A and go through passport control to enter Schengen but you don’t need to clear security if you follow the correct route.
So what is the correct route that does not entail needing to clear security
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Make sure to follow the signs for A gates and take the Skymetro shuttle, aka Heidi’s train.
Infinite1K likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Make sure to follow the signs for A gates and take the Skymetro shuttle, aka Heidi’s train.
What would be the incorrect route? Exit to baggage claim?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
What would be the incorrect route? Exit to baggage claim?
Passengers arriving in Z from "unclean" countries have to go through security and you don't want to get mixed up with them but if you follow the signs for A you should be fine. After passport control make sure to go up to A departures and not to exit/baggage claim.
Infinite1K likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:24 pm

Is 50 minutes enough to arrive from Dar Es Salaam and then leave to London (both on Swiss)?
Old May 3, 2018, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by acousticbiker
Is 50 minutes enough to arrive from Dar Es Salaam and then leave to London (both on Swiss)?
Its tight, since you need to do transit security but not passport control since your heading to non Schengen.

Easier if your in F or J

Zurich is one of the best airports to transit in Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.