Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Get the company travel department to contact their travel agent or their direct agent contact at LX and see if they will switch to the earlier flight at the correct price. Alternatively advise the person travelling that they may need to be prepared to shift their entire work agenda as the probability of arriving 1 day late in HK is a bit hire than zero.
this will be on a Thursday evening already so Friday is already forgone regardless. my understanding the agent has some special rate too which is only applicable to the later routing. i agree that those will be additional expenses in event of misconnect. anyway, my GF (the pax) is dealing with the travel staff - company pref. is CX and their J fare is way higher than the LX J fares when she was researching so she's saving the company on travel regardless which of these LX itins she ultimately gets booked on.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by eleeut
this will be on a Thursday evening already so Friday is already forgone regardless. my understanding the agent has some special rate too which is only applicable to the later routing. i agree that those will be additional expenses in event of misconnect. anyway, my GF (the pax) is dealing with the travel staff - company pref. is CX and their J fare is way higher than the LX J fares when she was researching so she's saving the company on travel regardless which of these LX itins she ultimately gets booked on.
Well, then if it's just a day less of free time/weekend time before the actual work does start, I would book the tight connection happily, just make sure that the first night in HKG is fully refundable if cancelled before 6pm - so, should the flight to HKG be missed, the hotel may be cancelled free of charge for the first night, and instead a nice sleep and day in ZRH being enjoyed, paid by LX
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Well, then if it's just a day less of free time/weekend time before the actual work does start, I would book the tight connection happily, just make sure that the first night in HKG is fully refundable if cancelled before 6pm - so, should the flight to HKG be missed, the hotel may be cancelled free of charge for the first night, and instead a nice sleep and day in ZRH being enjoyed, paid by LX
she's based in HKG, so she'll be going home. but definitely another way of looking at it!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:26 am

okay, 40 min connection not necessary now. earlier flight ex-ARN now reserved. thanks all!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, *G, FlyingClub
I am flying tonight on LX19 from EWR. I have a very short connection (45 min) to LX 1018 to DUS. Biz class on a Z fare (I think). Did manage to reserve 5K... Hopefully that sticks!

Question - how likely are they to hold LX1018 for me? Is LX19 typically arrive on time or late?

Will LX automatically put me on the next avail flight to DUS if I miss the connection?

TIA

Tony
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
They are unlikely to hold LX1018 for you if your incoming flight is late but provided you are travelling on one ticket they'll put you on the next available flight which might be LH.

BTW 5K is a good seat, I might even prefer 5K/7K to the coveted 4A/6A.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Several years ago I had to undergo a security check then passport control when I took a minibus from the LX F lounge to E, then had to go through security check again at E. What is the story now?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Several years ago I had to undergo a security check then passport control when I took a minibus from the LX F lounge to E, then had to go through security check again at E. What is the story now?
The FCL is in behind security now. You only need to go through passport control downstairs before boarding a minibus. No further security check when you arrive in E.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:03 am

Update - Arrived on-time from LX19, and was easily able to make it to LX1018. Even had time enough to stop in the lounge for a coffee and water! Will get to spend more time in the lounge next week on my way back to the US, though I might just end up in the Tower lounge since I will be coming in from Ireland (LX401) and have about 3.0 hours till LX18.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Tbakes
Update - Arrived on-time from LX19, and was easily able to make it to LX1018. Even had time enough to stop in the lounge for a coffee and water! Will get to spend more time in the lounge next week on my way back to the US, though I might just end up in the Tower lounge since I will be coming in from Ireland (LX401) and have about 3.0 hours till LX18.
Where does LX401 arrive? In the A gates? If I wish to do a little shopping before heading to the lounge, which area is recommended for Duty free (heading back to US). Should I bother with the lounges in the main terminal or head straight to the E gates? (have 3 hours before LX19).

Cheers
Old Oct 3, 2012, 7:06 am

Will get to spend more time in the lounge next week on my way back to the US, though I might just end up in the Tower lounge since I will be coming in from Ireland (LX401) and have about 3.0 hours till LX18.
The Tower Lounge? That's in FRA.

Where does LX401 arrive? In the A gates? If I wish to do a little shopping before heading to the lounge, which area is recommended for Duty free (heading back to US). Should I bother with the lounges in the main terminal or head straight to the E gates? (have 3 hours before LX19).
Flights from DUB should arrive in D. I don't know if there are many shops in Dock E but if you have 3 hours you'll probably want to go through passport control (but not through customs) and do your shopping in the Schengen area of the airport.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The Tower Lounge? That's in FRA.

Flights from DUB should arrive in D. I don't know if there are many shops in Dock E but if you have 3 hours you'll probably want to go through passport control (but not through customs) and do your shopping in the Schengen area of the airport.
Thanks - I am confused!!

(I did a bunch of reading since I also had connection in FRA). Is the Lounge in the E dock the Panorama lounge?

So - arrive in D, move to A and do some shopping, visit Business Lounge in A, then go to E dock? Panorama lounge for 30 minutes before flight??

Thanks for all your help!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:54 am

So - arrive in D, move to A and do some shopping, visit Business Lounge in A, then go to E dock? Panorama lounge for 30 minutes before flight??
Sounds like a plan! There's a lounge in D but it's out of the way and the lounge in A is more convenient if you are going through passport control anyway.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:53 am

1hr 5min layover at Zurich airport...is that enough?

Would be arriving on Lufthansa from MUC switching to Swiss Airlines onward to BOS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.