FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Connecting in Zurich [ZRH] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1313900-connecting-zurich-zrh.html)

txflyer77 Feb 4, 2018 11:24 am

Flying ORD-ZRH-ZAG on LX/OU in a few months. It's a 75 minute connection. Flying C.

I'm sure it's enough time for the connection—enough for a shower and quick bite in the lounge?

YuropFlyer Feb 4, 2018 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by txflyer77 (Post 29378484)
Flying ORD-ZRH-ZAG on LX/OU in a few months. It's a 75 minute connection. Flying C.

I'm sure it's enough time for the connection—enough for a shower and quick bite in the lounge?

"in a few months" is the deciding term here :)

If this will be before LX has finished the renovation, then you can either visit the E lounge (possibly with long wait for a shower, ie too long) or alternatively go for the Arrival lounge (which means having extra security, but nothing too bad usually) if arriving before 1pm.

If after the renovation, then the A lounges will be your best bet. From what I've heard, realistic opening date is around May by now..

txflyer77 Feb 4, 2018 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer (Post 29378619)
"in a few months" is the deciding term here :)

If this will be before LX has finished the renovation, then you can either visit the E lounge (possibly with long wait for a shower, ie too long) or alternatively go for the Arrival lounge (which means having extra security, but nothing too bad usually) if arriving before 1pm.

If after the renovation, then the A lounges will be your best bet. From what I've heard, realistic opening date is around May by now..

My flight is early May, so unless LX is better at lounge renovations than the US carriers, I won't hold my breath. ;)

Blumie Feb 9, 2018 4:11 am

Reading through this thread, I am confident that this itinerary, with an 1:25 connection time, is an easy connection, but since it's for my 18-year-old daughter (albeit a very experienced traveler), I figured I'd post in case anyone has any particular pointers. She will be traveling mid-March in J (with a US passport if that matters):

LX 53 BOS-ZRH 21:45-11:00 (+1)
LX 242 ZRH-DXB 12:25-21:30

Any pointers on seat selection also would be appreciated (though I'll head over to that thread, too).

bruce80 Feb 9, 2018 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Blumie (Post 29397493)

LX 53 BOS-ZRH 21:45-11:00 (+1)
LX 242 ZRH-DXB 12:25-21:30

Any pointers on seat selection also would be appreciated (though I'll head over to that thread, too).

I would say that 5 minutes should actually be enough to make that connection.. unless the first flight is delayed by more than one hour, the worst thing that could probably happen is that she‘ll have to walk across the entire E concourse. Other than that, the walking distance to the lounge might actually be longer than the walking distance between arrival and departure gates.

Idan4 Feb 11, 2018 11:20 pm

Is one hour connection will be enough in Zurich airport?

From Israel to Dublin Ireland with Swiss air both flights with one hour connection in Zurich airport. One ticket, not 2 separate ones. Will I make it?

worldclubber Feb 12, 2018 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Idan4 (Post 29406995)
From Israel to Dublin Ireland with Swiss air both flights with one hour connection in Zurich airport. One ticket, not 2 separate ones. Will I make it?

On a normal day, assuming that your inbound flight is on time, you should easily make it.

Idan4 Feb 12, 2018 4:04 am

Thanks for replying.
will I still have to go through Passport control?

worldclubber Feb 12, 2018 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Idan4 (Post 29407516)
Thanks for replying.
will I still have to go through Passport control?

Yes, as you are entering the Schengen area.

YuropFlyer Feb 12, 2018 8:41 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 29407553)
Yes, as you are entering the Schengen area.

When exactly did Ireland joined Schengen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

No passport control, but you might have to get from Terminal E to Terminal D (most probably.. ) using a small train, followed by security check.

worldclubber Feb 12, 2018 11:19 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer (Post 29408218)
When exactly did Ireland joined Schengen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

No passport control, but you might have to get from Terminal E to Terminal D (most probably.. ) using a small train, followed by security check.

Sorry, I mixed this up with the security check.

Robyyz Mar 5, 2018 3:01 am

Debating between flying LHR-ZRH-TLV and LCY-ZRH-TLV. Both are Friday evening. The LHR flight has a 1:20 connection; LCY has 1:40. Any views on which is more likely to be on time? Feel that LCY is a more "fragile" airport. Thanks!

embit Mar 7, 2018 8:25 pm

LX 1733 FCO-ZRH 19:55-21:35
LX 92 ZRH-GRU 22:40-7:40
1h05m connection time is enough at ZRH? Passport control, walk to gate, baggage transfer etc.
TAP issued award ticket (J class)

MichielR Mar 8, 2018 9:03 am

Originally Posted by embit (Post 29498435)
LX 1733 FCO-ZRH 19:55-21:35
LX 92 ZRH-GRU 22:40-7:40
1h05m connection time is enough at ZRH? Passport control, walk to gate, baggage transfer etc.
TAP issued award ticket (J class)

Yes, more than enough time, with the usual caveat that your flight from FCO should not be delayed more than 15 minutes.

MichielR Mar 8, 2018 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Robyyz (Post 29486656)
Debating between flying LHR-ZRH-TLV and LCY-ZRH-TLV. Both are Friday evening. The LHR flight has a 1:20 connection; LCY has 1:40. Any views on which is more likely to be on time? Feel that LCY is a more "fragile" airport. Thanks!

LCY has more delays due to fog, but that is mostly in mornings, not so much evenings.

The evening flights from LHR are more prone to delays, in my experience.

LHR has better alternatives in case of IRROPS.

I would book based on distance from the airport, if that’s not a factor I’d go for LHR.