Search

Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by blitzen
Easy?
Peasy.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by mmff
Peasy.
lets hope the new security measures when flying to the us will keep it an easy connection
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: NZ*G, TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels AdvantagePlus Platinum
Hi all,

I am looking at an itinerary on LX from ARN-JFK. Flight details are:

Dep: ARN - 09:50, Arr: ZRH - 12:15
LX 1249 Operated by SWISS
-- Connection time: 40m --
Dep: ZRH - 12:55, Arr: JFK - 16:05
LX 14 Operated by SWISS

Travel time: 12h 15m

This is one of my preferred itineraries that I am looking at, mainly as the long-haul ZRH-JFK flight (LX 14) has Y in a 2-4-2 config, and I will be travelling with my partner and hope to get a Window-Aisle seat. I know LH also has this configuration also via. MUC but the prices for the day I am looking at flying is too expensive.

My biggest worry is the 40m connection time, especially being in Y, has anyone flown this route or similar to the US and did you (and your bags) make the connection?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
From skimming though the thread, it sounds like a 60 minute connection is OK, provided incoming is close to on time...I'll be arriving on United from the US and transferring to Helvetica for Milan. We won't be checking luggage. I assume we go though passport control on arrival, but not security....Is that right? are there any special we hould know about? like having to wait for busses at remote aircraft stands.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:03 am

Old thread, so sorry for the bump, but...

I have a 75 minute transfer from STR>ZRH>ORD. We are in F and traveling with a lap child. It seems this is enough time, but does anyone know the following:

-Does STR>ZRH arrive in the same terminal that ZRH>ORD departs?
-Flying F both legs, is there someone we should speak with ahead of time to ask for assistance since we have our infant and can't simply run?

TIA! We are on the last NS home from ZRH and don't want to get stuck for the night!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by adschnei
Old thread, so sorry for the bump, but...

I have a 75 minute transfer from STR>ZRH>ORD. We are in F and traveling with a lap child. It seems this is enough time, but does anyone know the following:

-Does STR>ZRH arrive in the same terminal that ZRH>ORD departs?
-Flying F both legs, is there someone we should speak with ahead of time to ask for assistance since we have our infant and can't simply run?

TIA! We are on the last NS home from ZRH and don't want to get stuck for the night!
You will arrive at A and depart from E. Possibly remote stand.

STR-ZRH will be in C. Same seat as in Y.

In ZRH either follow the signs towards E (will be by a fast shuttle train) or head to the F lounge and ask to be driven over (possibly slower)

If you want some time in the F lounge in E (really good one.. MUCH better than its A counterpart) then the train will probably be the faster solution since pickup from A to drive over might take a bit of time.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:05 pm

Hello,

I am looking at a Schengen -> ZRH -> USA (award) ticket that has a 45-minute connection time in Zurich next February. The first flight is operated by another *A airline and the departing flight is on LX. This seems a bit tight particularly given the possibility of weather-related delays at that time of the year, so I would like to better understand my options.

Questions:

- Is this enough time to make the transfer? We both walk fast and do not plan to check bags.
- In the event that the inbound flight is late, who is responsible for rebooking me? LX, the other *A airline, or UA (whose miles are being used for this trip)?
- Is it accurate to say that because of EU261/2004, this airline will (at a minimum) have to provide food and lodging even if the misconnect is caused by weather issues?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:25 pm

ZRH Connection Question please

Looking into a possible flight next year with this itinerary (I'd be using UA Skymiles for a U ticket:

FCO-ZRH
9:40-11:25

and then

ZRH-LAX
1:10-4:20

I've been to ZRH once, so I am not too familiar. My main concern is if 90 minutes is enough time for the connection. Thanks for any advice
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
1h45min is plenty of time to connect in ZRH.

UA, skymiles, U ticket? You seem to be mixing up three different alliances there.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
1h45min is plenty of time to connect in ZRH.

UA, skymiles, U ticket? You seem to be mixing up three different alliances there.
lol, I sure did. I meant MileagePlus business ticket on United, and it came out with too many alliances. Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:52 pm

Plenty of time even with the extra time that the silly US "security" measurements take
Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ZRH is a great cxn choice. Easy airport.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:35 pm

Here's another short one. This would be in October...so no winter weather....but I assume we would have to go through another security screening for a US bound flight. Worth risking? we have an alternative longer itinerary though Frankfurt on Lufthansa.

Milan, IT (MXP - Malpensa) to Zurich, CH (ZRH)
11:10 am - 12:10 pm (1h)
LX 1617 Bombardier CS100
Operated By SWISS Global Airlines
45m connection
Zurich, CH (ZRH) to New York, NY, US (JFK - Kennedy)
12:55 pm - 5:05 pm (9h 10m)
LX 14 Airbus A330-300
Operated By SWISS International Airlines
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hughw
This would be in October...so no winter weather....
There can be winter weather in October. @:-)

but I assume we would have to go through another security screening for a US bound flight.
No, there won't be an additional security check between your flights. But you will have to go through a passport check and another "US" check just before boarding at the E gates.

Worth risking?
You would be on the third of four daily flights to NYC (3x LX, 1x UA within *A). Worst case, you could be rebooked on the EWR flight leaving at around 5PM (LX18).

There is another MXP-ZRH flight just one our before yours most days of the week (LX1613). Personally, I would try to get on that one instead.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
There can be winter weather in October. @:-)

No, there won't be an additional security check between your flights. But you will have to go through a passport check and another "US" check just before boarding at the E gates.

You would be on the third of four daily flights to NYC (3x LX, 1x UA within *A). Worst case, you could be rebooked on the EWR flight leaving at around 5PM (LX18).

There is another MXP-ZRH flight just one our before yours most days of the week (LX1613). Personally, I would try to get on that one instead.
thanks....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.