FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Connecting in Zurich [ZRH] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1313900-connecting-zurich-zrh.html)

Fabo.sk Feb 26, 2024 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by CLEboy (Post 36032787)
I am flying TLV-ZRH arriving 9:15 AM and connecting to United from ZRH-IAD at 10:45. Is that enough time for a transfer? What’s the transfer process? Am I going to have to clear Passport, Security etc? Any insight would be helpful!

plenty enough, no passport control, transfer security maybe, maybe not (depends on your gates)

CLEboy Feb 26, 2024 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 36033093)
plenty enough, no passport control, transfer security maybe, maybe not (depends on your gates)

Thank you. Is Elal also arriving at E Gates making it E Gates - E Gates transfer?

airoli Feb 27, 2024 12:41 am

Yes, it is E to E. Transfer security required AFAIK as Israel, of all places, is not considered "clean" arrival.

Fabo.sk Feb 27, 2024 4:06 am

Originally Posted by airoli (Post 36033679)
Yes, it is E to E. Transfer security required AFAIK as Israel, of all places, is not considered "clean" arrival.

TLV is, but only recently.

CLEboy Feb 27, 2024 6:34 am

Originally Posted by airoli (Post 36033679)

Thank you!

Fabo.sk Mar 27, 2024 3:29 am

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with biometric gates? I haven't seen them active in a while now, and if I saw right this morning, they're outright not available E to A.

airoli Mar 27, 2024 10:14 am

A to E open and working fine this week.

Fabo.sk Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

All the more annoying they were off in the morning then, given the lines...

sodaisei Apr 9, 2024 4:51 am

Any recommendation when connecting with kid?? (3yo)
Does any Swiss lounge have a kids area?

Fabo.sk Apr 9, 2024 5:58 am

None of the Swiss lounges do, but there are kids areas around the terminal available to all passengers
https://www.flughafen-zuerich.ch/en/...amily-services

miles_collector Apr 9, 2024 7:56 am

Originally Posted by sodaisei (Post 36146846)
Any recommendation when connecting with kid?? (3yo)
Does any Swiss lounge have a kids area?

I have done this and no problem whatsoever (long-haul to short-haul). We had our stroller delivered at the gate (this was actually the complicated part as it took almost 30min, the crew was already leaving the aircraft when the purser decided to help us) and we were travelling lightly.

As already answered, no kids' area within the lounge but it wasn't a problem for us as we kept our entertained in a seat and then he fell asleep.

SamNolan Apr 11, 2024 5:30 pm

Short connection at ZRH

Hiya

I am thinking about booking something for a short getaway but my flights are quite close together, with a 1 hour and 15 minute connection.

Considering this, will I be able to visit the F lounge in either A or E? And what are strategies to actually make my flight second flight, such as a SWISS first class arrival service? I’m flying on a J flight from Oslo and then an F flight to Mumbai. More specifically:

06:25 to 08:50 - LX 1219 - OSL to ZRH - J
1 hour and 5 min connection
09:55 to 21:40 - LX 154 - ZRH to BOM - F

Many thanks on giving advice!

Sam

chris63 Apr 12, 2024 1:01 am

Originally Posted by SamNolan (Post 36153576)
Hiya

I am thinking about booking something for a short getaway but my flights are quite close together, with a 1 hour and 15 minute connection.

Considering this, will I be able to visit the F lounge in either A or E? And what are strategies to actually make my flight second flight, such as a SWISS first class arrival service? I’m flying on a J flight from Oslo and then an F flight to Mumbai. More specifically:

06:25 to 08:50 - LX 1219 - OSL to ZRH - J
1 hour and 5 min connection
09:55 to 21:40 - LX 154 - ZRH to BOM - F

Many thanks on giving advice!

Sam

Unless your flight is early, you will have little lounge time on such a short connection, you need to walk to FCLA & they will drive you to E for your flight to BOM which ,may well be boarding by the time you get to the gate, if your flight is late into ZRH you may get a direct ramp transfer, otherwise just go the FCLA & they will sort things out.

DownUnderFlyer Apr 12, 2024 2:00 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 36154189)
if your flight is late into ZRH you may get a direct ramp transfer, otherwise just go the FCLA & they will sort things out.

I never had a direct transfer in ZRH. 45 Minute connection, incoming flight landed 15 minutes late at remote stand and by the time I was on the bus to the terminal the US flight was already boarding at E. Just a stressful and unpleasant experience. At FRA or MUC someone would have picked us up and driven directly over to the gate.

chris63 Apr 12, 2024 3:02 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 36154259)
I never had a direct transfer in ZRH. 45 Minute connection, incoming flight landed 15 minutes late at remote stand and by the time I was on the bus to the terminal the US flight was already boarding at E. Just a stressful and unpleasant experience. At FRA or MUC someone would have picked us up and driven directly over to the gate.

I have had direct ramp transfers from MAN to SIN evening connections but it was still stressful & try to avoid short connections now, my last direct ramp transfer was 2 weeks ago, my flight was running late from BKK & it became a very short connection to MUC, met at the gate by the HON service & driven to passport control & security, then back in the car & driven to the aircraft, up the stairs to the jetbridge, boarded the aircraft, doors closed & off we went :tu: