Dear SWISS Lurker Will LX honor JK tickets after JK is shut down?

Old Jan 31, 12, 11:54 am
htb

Programs: LH M&M (was: SEN), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
. No, because arguably the business strategy that led JK to sell tickets for codeshare flights at prices lower than those of the operating carrier are part of the reason why they went out of business. Since LX had no control over the way in which JK priced, and made available, their seat contingent on LX-operated flights, why should they now be responsible for the ill-guided business decisions JK took?
This may be true to some extent -- nevertheless I still feel it would be the right thing to do if LX opened up the same classes that were available when the tickets were purchased. No legal obligation, but holding your hands open and grin about the extra income isn't right either.

HTB.
Old Jan 31, 12, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, UA, DL, AB
Dear Gianrico

sorry for getting back to you only now. Thanks a lot for your answer. While I of course am not too happy with the content of it, I fully understand that LX will not honor the ticket, since you would be transporting me for free because JK will never pay you for the ticket they sold me.

Nevertheless may I please ask you to note that Spanair yesterday was still saying that Star Alliance partners would honor JK issued tickets. I have just seen that they have corrected this as of today:

Si dispone de un billete comprado con Spanair pero operado por otra aerolínea miembro de Star Alliance, no podemos garantizarle que la misma proteja este vuelo. Le rogamos se informen aerolínea correspondiente.
Translation: if you are in possession of a Spanair ticket for a flight operated by another Star Alliance airline, we cannot guarantee that this latter will protect you. Please contact the operating airline for more information.
Old Feb 4, 12, 5:39 pm

Goodwill policy from LX.

► Passengers holding JK ticket document (680-tickets) issued on/before 30 January 2012
► JK Ticket with LX-flight number on LX-operated flights
► JK Ticket with JK-marketing flight number on LX-operated flights
► Following Flat Amounts can be offered:

o Economy Class, RBD: S EUR 120 / CHF 150 per Coupon
o Business Class RBD: D EUR 250 / CHF 300 per Coupon

o Airport and official taxes to be added.
o Other fees such as YQ, Service Fees and Optional Payment Charges can be waived
Only possible via call centre, ATO and offices. No TA re-/ticketing
Old Feb 5, 12, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
Goodwill policy from LX. Only possible via call centre, ATO and offices. No TA re-/ticketing
nice gesture from LX at last.

It's of no use for me since a new ticket all-in costs less than this goodwill fare but I hope that it can help somebody else.
Old Feb 5, 12, 4:55 am

Yes a reasonable gesture, but quite SWISS if you know what I mean. There is a similar offer for MA as well.
Old Feb 5, 12, 6:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Goodwill policy from LX.

Only possible via call centre, ATO and offices. No TA re-/ticketing
I guess better than nothing but 240 EUR for a return ticket in booking class S is not such a great price except if you are flying very soon. Why not simply ask for the price the passenger paid in the first place (which may often have been lower)?
Old Feb 5, 12, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Yes a reasonable gesture, but quite SWISS if you know what I mean. There is a similar offer for MA as well.
Got it.

In my specific case, the JK ticket cost me CHF 240 all in. I rebooked on LX for CHF 320 all in (incl. YQ, taxes/fees, non optional "optional payment charge").

This offer would cost me CHF 300 + airport taxes and other mandatory fees (around CHF 55) which will bring me above the CHF 320 I paid for the new ticket.

A "normal" S class fare for ZRH-BCN-ZRH is CHF 369.90 including CHF 84 of YQ.
Old Feb 6, 12, 4:11 am

Programs: IB Platinum, LH FF, JK Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat/IC Amb, Hertz #1 PC
Any info for 680- issued on LX metal/flight number First Class awards??

Just called LX Spain office and they have no idea how to proceed with this, it's outsourced so maybe a call to SEN line will clarify the situation....just read that LH is honoring awards with new tickets on 220-...

Thanks in advance...
Old Feb 6, 12, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Juliusgg View Post
Any info for 680- issued on LX metal/flight number First Class awards??

Just called LX Spain office and they have no idea how to proceed with this, it's outsourced so maybe a call to SEN line will clarify the situation....just read that LH is honoring awards with new tickets on 220-...

Thanks in advance...
Did you book with M&M or Spanair miles? Try calling LX again or the SEN line.

I don't know how they treat awards, but they are not accepting JK issued revenue tickets, even if they carry LX marketed and operated flights.

I assume they will honor M&M award tickets, not so sure about awards booked using Spanair miles (it would be similar to accepting revenue tickets since in the end JK won't pay LX for the award seat anymore).
Old Feb 7, 12, 2:00 am

Programs: IB Platinum, LH FF, JK Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat/IC Amb, Hertz #1 PC
Originally Posted by SwissexLUG View Post
Did you book with M&M or Spanair miles? Try calling LX again or the SEN line.

I don't know how they treat awards, but they are not accepting JK issued revenue tickets, even if they carry LX marketed and operated flights.

I assume they will honor M&M award tickets, not so sure about awards booked using Spanair miles (it would be similar to accepting revenue tickets since in the end JK won't pay LX for the award seat anymore).
Booking was made with Spanair miles through Spanair Gold line...therefore I guess I should ask directly at ZRH LX office , I have large layover next month...let's see what happens...

It's a pity loose such a pleasant trip...

Or wait for *A comunicate regardig award 680- bookings...
Old Feb 9, 12, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Update - got an answer from LX

I will summarize shortly, since both e-mails were quite long.

I contacted LX some days ago regarding the situation with JK. My e-mail was something like this:

Dear LX

while I can understand the reasons why you decided not to accept JK tickets anymore, not even for LX marketed and/or operated flights, I would like to point out how I think that a different decision would have made a lot of passengers happy and brought you more business in the future. Offering a goodwill fare of CHF 150 per coupon (i.e. more than the cost of a fully new ticket through LX) is not what I call a move to help out the passengers hit by JK's insolvency. Please give me your opinion about this.
LX answered something like this:

Dear SwissexLUG

while we understand that you are not happy about this situation we would like to inform you that we are surprised to see that you are directing your comments at LX. Your ticket was bought from JK therefore you have to talk to them regarding your options and the possibilities of a refund. LX had a partnership with JK but this doesn't mean that LX has any responsibilities towards JK's passengers.
I think that I will now write to JK, as suggested by LX, to tell them how unhappy I am at the way LX dealt with JK's grounding

I of course never asked LX to discuss refunds or anything like that, but they really seem not to care about a partner's grounding.
Old Feb 9, 12, 1:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
In my view (on JK tickets and LX operated), they should only be able to charge you what they would have received from JK for your flight.

Search this Thread