Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Switch from LH Miles and More to LX Miles and More?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Amex, CX MPC, IHG PC, LX M&M
Switch from LH Miles and More to LX Miles and More?

Stupid question...but can you go from a Lufthansa Miles and More to a Swiss Miles and More?

Is there a difference? I'm primarily a oneworld flyer but when I'm not oneworld, I'm purely flying Swiss. However, I joined Miles and More through Lufthansa...

Any ideas?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:23 am

Programs: LH HON
Well, it is the same program, no real difference. They assign the LH or LX logo based on your address. If you have address in Switzerland, it will be LX. If in Germany or elsewhere, it is LH (for Poland LO etc.)
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:18 am
Original Poster

I'm in the UK but still have a LH logo...ah well
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:46 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Then It will be LH. Except the logo on the card there won't be much difference.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
There is at least one difference of importance, lx gold can bring one guest in lounge, lh gold 1 or all family members. Having personnally 3 kids mean a big difference to me
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by TheHak
There is at least one difference of importance, lx gold can bring one guest in lounge, lh gold 1 or all family members. Having personnally 3 kids mean a big difference to me
Really? Maybe this is the case at very specific 3rd party lounges at outstations, but in my experience at lounges run by LH/LX/OS etc., the access rules really do not depend on what logo is on your card.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by marcusnugg
I'm in the UK but still have a LH logo...ah well
What did you expect instead of the LH logo...? The Union Jack?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koby
Maybe
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Koby
No, the bmi logo if it became part of M&M. That's what some of us have been dreading... but we are safe now.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'd gladly have one with the Germanwings logo, in their own colour scheme as well
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
No, the bmi logo if it became part of M&M. That's what some of us have been dreading... but we are safe now.
safe? you could be going to Avios now!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
:Originally Posted by TheHak
There is at least one difference of importance, lx gold can bring one guest in lounge, lh gold 1 or all family members. Having personnally 3 kids mean a big difference to me.

Originally Posted by airoli
Really? Maybe this is the case at very specific 3rd party lounges at outstations, but in my experience at lounges run by LH/LX/OS etc., the access rules really do not depend on what logo is on your card.
I've also never heard of a difference in rules depending on the logo on the card.
On the other side, the family lounge access is a bit obscure or at least "lost in translation".

On the English Miles & More site, neither guest nor family is mentioned:
(16) To enter you will need your Senator card and a boarding pass valid for that departure date and airport on a Lufthansa, [...].

As soon as you switch the language of that page to German, it reads:
(16) [...] auf einem Lufthansa, Lufthansa Airline-Partner oder Star Alliance Flug und können einen Begleiter mitnehmen. In Lufthansa Lounges dürfen Sie darüber hinaus von Ihren Kindern unter 18 Jahren begleitet werden.
So one guest allowed and kids allowed in Lufthansa (-branded) Lounges, if you read that version.

The French version mentions the same benefits as in German, and Italian is again equal to the English version, so neither guest nor bambini...

Once you log in to your account and check status privileges, the companion access appears in all languages, the family never.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Jan 31, 2012 at 1:29 pm
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
I cant tell it is valid everywhere but i can guarantee (for having used it) it is valid in the *A lounges in London, geneva, zurich, munich and frankfurt. In these 5 lounges i could bring my family of 5. This is impossible with lx gold. I too think it makes no sense to differntiate but it is the way it is.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by TheHak
I cant tell it is valid everywhere but i can guarantee (for having used it) it is valid in the *A lounges in London, geneva, zurich, munich and frankfurt. In these 5 lounges i could bring my family of 5. This is impossible with lx gold. I too think it makes no sense to differntiate but it is the way it is.
Disagree! It is the same program in every country! The Logo depends on the country where you live. I have an OS Sen card and an LH branded SEN CC. No Difference.

The Entry with Kids was always there. It was pulished quite recently but only for LH Lounges. It says SEN. No differenciation of the logos on the card!

I never had Problems to bring my two girls and my wife to LH and LX lounges with my LH or OS card. Maybe it was different with the LX Travel Club.
Only BA makes a fuss with guests (this is why my QF Partner Gold comes handy)
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:05 am

You can disagree if you want or can call miles an more and check the facts. Im not saying it makes sense. I lived in geneva and moved to london so switch from lx miles and more to lh miles more. I wasnt too happy about it but was told that there was at least that additional perk. If you ont beleive me call miles and more senator and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.