Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Connection on Separate PNR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Baggage Connection on Separate PNR

I am flying SYD-BKK-ZRH and ZRH-YUL in F on one PNR. However, MUC is my final destination and I am trying to work out the best way to get there. I am tossing up between using the train or flying. If I book ZRH-MUC-ZRH on another PNR (probably in Y with LH/LX) will I have problems getting LX to check the bags the whole way through on each leg? Will I have problems with the baggage allowance as well? I understand that officially I would be SOL but would like to know what the likely outcome is in practice.

Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:37 am

When checking in, inform the agent that your final destination is MUC. All he/she will have to do is to add the on-carriage information into the system in order to tag the bag through to MUC.

As for the allowance, for ZRH-MUC-ZRH the Y-class allowance will most likely apply, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
I figured as much regarding getting it through checked. I suppose the big question is going to be around whether, in practice, they are likely to be flexible about the baggage allowance.

As much as the train will be a pain (require going to ZRH the night before), I'm not going to pay EUR 70 in excess for the short hop to do it by plane.

Last edited by *A Flyer; Dec 30, 2011 at 4:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.