Wiki Posts
Search

connecting in NRT and...?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, CX, BR
connecting in NRT and...?

I will be taking my first LX flights soon. Does anyone have experience getting from LX to EVA in NRT within an hour?

And, as long as I'm here, I guess that the "staggered seating" in bus means that everyone has aisle access? Thanks for any replies!!!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by taipeipeter
I will be taking my first LX flights soon. Does anyone have experience getting from LX to EVA in NRT within an hour?

And, as long as I'm here, I guess that the "staggered seating" in bus means that everyone has aisle access? Thanks for any replies!!!
Sorry, cant answer your first question. Re. the second question: not all the seats in C have direct aisle access. As you can see in the seatmap here:

http://www.swiss.com/web/DE/fly_swis..._a340_new.aspx

portside there are pairs of seats in all odd-numbered rows (+row 15), so the A seat there has not a direct aisle access.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:18 am

Eva and Swiss both arrive/depart from Terminal 1.
I assume you can check your luggage thru (not sure if Swiss does it for Eva, hopefully yoiu can find out). If not and you need to go thru immigration, claim luggage, recheck before the deadline 1 hour is almost impossible.

When arriving you need to go thru transfer security, then to the transfer desk, get your EVA boarding pass (don't forget to show your luggage tags) and to the gate. One hour is doable if your inbound flight is somewhat on time. But it does not give you much room for unforeseen issues.

Is everything on one ticket? If not make sure that you actually can use your ticket on a later flight and what the fees are.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Eva and Swiss both arrive/depart from Terminal 1.
I assume you can check your luggage thru (not sure if Swiss does it for Eva, hopefully yoiu can find out). If not and you need to go thru immigration, claim luggage, recheck before the deadline 1 hour is almost impossible.
LX and BR have an interline agreement, so checking the bag through shouldn't be a problem. ^
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

thanks, all. that info sounds good. yes, one ticket, so I assume that if LX is late into NRT, someone will know how to get me to Taipei. My NRT experience has all been in T2.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:57 am
Original Poster

follow-up report

There were no problems. LX was able to check bags through, but not give me a boarding pass for the final EVA segment NRT-TPE. EVA met me coming off the flight, got my checked-bag number, and told me just to show my itinerary to NRT security and go to the gate. It all worked very smoothly.

(On the way out, which was on CX via HKG, Cathay was able to give me boarding passes all the way through to VIE.)

Small note: the seat 4K was fine: I didn't feel the need of a aisle-side table to give me privacy, which you don't really get with this seating system anyway (compared with CX, say); but you do of course get the tables and a greater sense of spaciousness. Seat slightly hard but fine for sleeping. And basically, the best business class food I've ever had.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.