Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Checked Through

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, EY E+, UA*G, BA Gold
Baggage Checked Through

I've just booked travel with LX from LCY to DME via GVA.

The arrival into GVA is early evening, with departure the next morning for DME. This is my first ever experience of this; I needed the earlier arrival time in Moscow. Will my bags be checked all the way through despite the overnight stopover? I've scoured the Swiss website but can't find any information on this.

Also, I've just qualified for *G and am looking forward to the lounge experience! There are several lounges at GVA that I have access to according to the Swiss site. Can anyone recommend the nicest?

Thanks in advance...
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You will likely have your choice of whether to check it all the way through or short-check it to only GVA. I'd probably go with the latter and collect the bags in GVA.

I only see one lounge in GVA that you'll have access to. It opens at 6am. How early is your flight?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:05 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
There's only one direct GVA-DME flight a day, so the OP is presumably on LX1336 departing at 08:30. *G has access to the Senator Lounge and the Business Lounge both of which are open 05:30-21:30 according to SWISS website. The Senator Lounge is the nicer of the two, but if it's overcrowded try the Business Lounge.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 7:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
As this is a question about Swiss, I will move it there.

Markie - Mod, *A
Old Nov 27, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
When checking in, simply state your preference of having your bag checked through to DME or claiming it in GVA for the night. Both options are possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.