Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I think the LH A321's didn't yet removed half of their rear galley for even more seats, yet.. (and two tiny-tiny toilets..)
LH A321 has only 200 seats, LX fits 219 even without the space flex lav.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I'm booked in J on LX252 this summer, advertised as an A330. I am able to choose my seat and the seat map is a widebody 330 , but one seat in each row is blocked out in gray (ie does not appear to be taken by passenger or reserved fro HON), leaving only 4 seats per row. Is this standard practice on this route or a preemptive downgrade? Wouldn't think they would downgrade the flight this early... not flying for 6 months.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Is it the “throne” seats?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:47 pm

No, those are designated as available for fee. It looks like there are only 4 seats per row - available or taken - for passengers.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by matis11
I'm booked in J on LX252 this summer, advertised as an A330. I am able to choose my seat and the seat map is a widebody 330 , but one seat in each row is blocked out in gray (ie does not appear to be taken by passenger or reserved fro HON), leaving only 4 seats per row. Is this standard practice on this route or a preemptive downgrade? Wouldn't think they would downgrade the flight this early... not flying for 6 months.
I flew same route this past summer (August 2018) and had the same thing in both directions. For some reason all 'B' seats were greyed out. It stayed this way all the time. I think they were availble at checkin but not sure. They were occupied in the end.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by 2035
I flew same route this past summer (August 2018) and had the same thing in both directions. For some reason all 'B' seats were greyed out. It stayed this way all the time. I think they were availble at checkin but not sure. They were occupied in the end.
Thanks, appreciate it. Would like to sit with my wife in window seats, so will ask for that at check-in. Only two seats together were middle so took those for now.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by matis11
Thanks, appreciate it. Would like to sit with my wife in window seats, so will ask for that at check-in. Only two seats together were middle so took those for now.
Middle seats are better anyway, much more storage space. I had 4 seats, took 2 x 2 middle seats.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Flew this route last Tuesday and the plane was downgraded. Interestingly there was an entire uniformed crew of flight attendants riding in business class
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by NYTA
Flew this route last Tuesday and the plane was downgraded. Interestingly there was an entire uniformed crew of flight attendants riding in business class
Probably the extra crew from the flight a day earlier.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by ELAL
Probably the extra crew from the flight a day earlier.
No - it was ZRH-TLV
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
No - it was ZRH-TLV
Probaly the next day was scheduled to be a heavy, so needed crew for the return.
Was it LX256? I believe the crew stay overnight
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Flew this route last Tuesday and the plane was downgraded.
I'm also interested to know which flight, and at what point did they downgrade it?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by ELAL
Probaly the next day was scheduled to be a heavy, so needed crew for the return.
Was it LX256? I believe the crew stay overnight
Was 256 . I checked in the night before around midnight and the seat map showed a 321 although the crew made it seem like it was last minute . Only reason I could think of for the extra crew was that they were going to fly the 321 back empty and fly a 330 out later also empty?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Twice

Flew on the 253 and 256 this weekend. Both were on a A321 (in Y)
Both flight were completely full.
No IFE and no hot meal (small warm pastry and small box with cold chicken and pasta). The flight from ZRH departed from D.

Reminded me that it can be worse than LY.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:59 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Was 256 . I checked in the night before around midnight and the seat map showed a 321 although the crew made it seem like it was last minute . Only reason I could think of for the extra crew was that they were going to fly the 321 back empty and fly a 330 out later also empty?
LX doesn't do that as far as I know.
They currently are one A340 short, so it makes sense that TLV is being operated with A321s for the time being. There's just not enough planes available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.