Wiki Posts
Search

ZURICH to BANGKOK on Swiss LX 180

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's airline food. If you are expecting Michelin star quality, you are going to be perpetually disappointed.
Absolutely correct, part of the problem is presenting Menu’s to F pax that this was a special menu from a Michelin star Chef & then presenting something that Chef would be horrified with.......
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It's airline food. If you are expecting Michelin star quality, you are going to be perpetually disappointed.
I think it's important to remember this and set one's expectations accordingly. Oddly, I have had far more meals in economy class which have pleased than in business class. But maybe I go into economy with no expectations at all!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Your taste buds are different in the air than in the ground for a variety of reasons, as is your digestive tract. I’m not sure actual Michelin-Star cuisine would taste comparably in the air.

I’ve always believed that the inherent operational limitations on cooking food in flight put a pretty low ceiling on how high the quality of the food can get, even in first class.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Concerto
Actually I have found that both CX and TG have provided me with some of the worst airline catering I have ever experienced, especially TG. And that was in First!
I have to agree. The catering on BKK-SYD in F was bad to mediocre, even by inflight food standards.

(TG had messed up my Lobster preorder and I took the samrab)

Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:47 am

Nobody expects that and he said “worst airline catering”, so comparing apples with apples. Some airlines and stations are just better with dealing with the limitations concerning inflight food than others.
chris63 and mmff like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Nobody expects that and he said “worst airline catering”, so comparing apples with apples. Some airlines and stations are just better with dealing with the limitations concerning inflight food than others.
Indeed & I think that it must also be the budget, the food in LX F ex ZRH always seems high quality to me & I have had some outstanding meals & written in to praise them, the return flights are nearly always a disappointment
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
It’s disappointing BKK return is a lunch. I almost always skip dinner so I tend to skip meals on the return from an outstation.

When I flew J on LH/LX I always felt that the food returning from an outstation was noticably worse. I used to not skip my meals then so I’d definitely feel it.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Indeed & I think that it must also be the budget, the food in LX F ex ZRH always seems high quality to me & I have had some outstanding meals & written in to praise them, the return flights are nearly always a disappointment
Totally agree. To California, I have occasionally booked F outbound on day flights to enjoy the service, food and drink, and J on the return night flight, eating at the lounge or a Restaurant and going straight to sleep on the plane.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.