ZURICH to BANGKOK on Swiss LX 180

Old Oct 29, 11, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
i think TG is really good in F and they make a big effort. The problem with TG crew is in F that they are usually older/more experienced and they don t speak English as well as young TG crew. On TG in F I sometime feel like 20 yearsago in BKK when very few people spoke english and talking to them was a challenge.

LX is always great in F but again the crew tend to be older in F which makes it a bit less attractive

SQ is uncomparable with any of the aboive crews as they are greatly trained eg about the air transportation and know details that we can t read anywhere - i appreciate it a lot

Last edited by ambrogz; Oct 29, 11 at 3:41 am
Old Oct 29, 11, 8:17 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by flying_pig View Post
Flew ZRH-BKK twice in Aug and Sep. Stellar - and I really mean STELLAR - service and consistency.
Were you travelling C or F?
Old Oct 31, 11, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), TG*G, EK Gold
Originally Posted by cesco.g View Post
Were you travelling C or F?
F (every time with a full load)
Old Feb 25, 16, 2:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5-star
I guess the A340 on LX180/181 still has the old F product as they are replacing this with their new 777?
Old Feb 25, 16, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Nico_T_ View Post
I guess the A340 Ö still has the old F product ...
Yes.
Old Mar 21, 19, 4:58 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I am thinking of booking Bangkok back to Zurich this October. In the system, it seems to be a day flight leaving at 12h45, which is unusual but more pleasant because you can enjoy the service. Because I have regularly been disappointed by SWISS due to its inconsistency of service, I was wondering what this route would be like. 50% of my flights have had really indifferent crews and lacklustre service, which has made me book mostly away from SWISS these days. Any improvements, or is it just a lottery? I am sort of hoping that fact that it would be a day flight might swing things towards a positive outcome. I am talking about Business class.
Old Mar 21, 19, 9:22 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I am thinking of booking Bangkok back to Zurich this October. In the system, it seems to be a day flight leaving at 12h45, which is unusual but more pleasant because you can enjoy the service. Because I have regularly been disappointed by SWISS due to its inconsistency of service, I was wondering what this route would be like. 50% of my flights have had really indifferent crews and lacklustre service, which has made me book mostly away from SWISS these days. Any improvements, or is it just a lottery? I am sort of hoping that fact that it would be a day flight might swing things towards a positive outcome. I am talking about Business class.
I do the flight regularly but in F, where LX is generally still outstanding, my PA takes this flight in J regularly & itís hit & miss, long flight so the crew are in no rush with service & the catering ex BKK has been poor to awful, even in F but they were aware of that issue & it was being addressed, catering ex ZRH is excellent.
Old Mar 22, 19, 3:22 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

I do the flight regularly but in F, where LX is generally still outstanding, my PA takes this flight in J regularly & it’s hit & miss, long flight so the crew are in no rush with service & the catering ex BKK has been poor to awful, even in F but they were aware of that issue & it was being addressed, catering ex ZRH is excellent.
Let's hope something will be done about it, the catering EX BKK really is awful. If it would be a night flight it wouldn't be so bad, since most passengers want to sleep but given it's a day flight they really need to find a solution to offer a catering in F standards.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 19, 4:31 pm

Programs: LX SEN, SQ QPPS2, Hilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Last time I took this flight it it was still a night flight....
Is BKK the new PVG in terms of poor F catering?
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 19, 5:34 pm

Good to know about the catering ex-BKK. That seems to be an Asian thing, because catering ex-HKG was awful in the past. I am now leaning towards myAustrian from PVG or PEK, although I am sure those stations won't provide better catering. But myAustrian seems to pride itself on its catering.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 19, 2:50 am

Good to know about the catering ex-BKK. That seems to be an Asian thing, because catering ex-HKG was awful in the past. I am now leaning towards myAustrian from PVG or PEK, although I am sure those stations won't provide better catering. But myAustrian seems to pride itself on its catering.
I think you will be safer with Austrian, although itís strange what happens with catering at outstations, TG & CX Manage good food ex their bases so why LH/ LX are unable to source the best in those locations is lost on me
Old Mar 23, 19, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by LXA350 View Post
Let's hope something will be done about it, the catering EX BKK really is awful. If it would be a night flight it wouldn't be so bad, since most passengers want to sleep but given it's a day flight they really need to find a solution to offer a catering in F standards.
I hope so, it really couldnít get much worse, at least they load Balik Salmon from ZRH, for the inbound.

This is a ĎPoussiní from a Famous Chef...... it was just Roast Chicken which of course in Thailand is incredibly cheap

Poussin becomes an old Boiler 😁
Old Mar 23, 19, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by chris63 View Post

I think you will be safer with Austrian, although itís strange what happens with catering at outstations, TG & CX Manage good food ex their bases so why LH/ LX are unable to source the best in those locations is lost on me
Actually I have found that both CX and TG have provided me with some of the worst airline catering I have ever experienced, especially TG. And that was in First!
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 23, 19, 7:26 am

Actually I have found that both CX and TG have provided me with some of the worst airline catering I have ever experienced, especially TG. And that was in First!
Surprising ....

My CX flights have been excellent & also TG Excellent Lobster Thermidor ex BKK & for that matter the same dish even better ex SYD & FRA
Old Mar 23, 19, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
It's airline food. If you are expecting Michelin star quality, you are going to be perpetually disappointed.
chris63 likes this.

Search this Thread