Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Op-up policy

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by airoli
I'd follow the old adage of hoping the best by expecting the worst - and LX C is far from bad.
Oh yes - and 'the thone' - 4A on the A340 - is hardly a bad seat to be stuck in!
Old May 22, 2012, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by verve
Had to find out that VIP tops HON when it comes to upgrades. Especially annoying as VIP is given to POLITICIANS and the guy that snitched my anticipated F upgrade is certainly not one of my favorites MoP's. But hey- I survived in 4A.
Who was it? Nathalie Rickli ?
Old May 22, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Fendant
Who was it? Nathalie Rickli ?
Not sure if she ever was outside of Switzerland :-) No not her but similar...
Old May 23, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Ueli ?
Old May 24, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

Originally Posted by airoli
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
Thanks!

Will a FTL in C be upgraded over a SEN in I?
I believe not, AFAIK it's something like
HON revenue > HON award > SEN revenue > SEN reward > *G revenue > *G reward > FTL revenue > FTL reward.

But again, even if this is the textbook way of things, other factors (customer value score, your detailed itinerary, time of check-in, party size travelling etc.) all play a role as well.

I'd follow the old adage of hoping the best by expecting the worst - and LX C is far from bad.
Almost correct airoli
SEN paid tix > HON award. Theoretically award tix are not supposed to be upgraded. But the flight manager can override this rule easily.
Old May 24, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Don't forget the 2 highest category (if not already mentioned) : family or friends of the captain. Saw that at least 2x last year the captains at the gate with the gate mgr to do upgrades ...
Old May 24, 2012, 4:53 pm

The rules are something along the following lines:

1. HON
2. VIP
3. SEN
4. Star Gold
5. FTL
6. Star Silver
7. Staff

Award ticket pax, those with an ordered special meal and any of those mentioned above travelling with a partner or in a group will usually NOT be considered or will be taken into consideration if no other alternative is availablbe. Of course, depending on the situation, exceptions may be made.

Last edited by SR116; May 24, 2012 at 7:25 pm
Old May 24, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Don't forget the 2 highest category (if not already mentioned) : family or friends of the captain.
Having occasional, but first-hand insight into this matter, my experience is that these kinds of upgrade do indeed happen, but they are most definitely not at the top of the food chain (unless the "upgrade" is to a really hard jump-seat).
Old May 25, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.168 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/130)

I have to correct myself. The VIP has indeed a higher priority than the HON.

Originally Posted by SR116
The rules are something along the following lines:

1. HON
2. VIP
3. SEN
4. Star Gold
5. FTL
6. Star Silver
7. Staff

Award ticket pax, those with an ordered special meal and any of those mentioned above travelling with a partner or in a group will usually NOT be considered or will be taken into consideration if no other alternative is availablbe. Of course, depending on the situation, exceptions may be made.
Almost. The VIP has a higher priority than the HON.

Last edited by f4freeJunior; May 27, 2012 at 2:55 am
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
OPUP preference on LX *G or FTL?

Flying ZRH-TLV from the loading it seems good chances of OPUP (when I was SEN I was OPUPED on this route 70%+, certainly OPUP heaven)

I am now an FTL and a *G which one is preferred for OPUP?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Given the high number of HONs and SENs on the route I doubt it makes a big difference. But I know a friend who got a few OpUps as a FTL (so I assume chances are higher the for *G).
S
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
Given the high number of HONs and SENs on the route I doubt it makes a big difference. But I know a friend who got a few OpUps as a FTL (so I assume chances are higher the for *G).
S
Does anyone actually know LX's procedure for this situation *G or FTL, who comes first?

there will be many OPUPs on my flight possibly beyond SENS (as I mentioned I could almost count on these OPUPs in the past)
Old Jul 18, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
Scored an elusive *G op-up on LX 18 ZRH-EWR last night. Not only that, but my non-status travel partner also got bumped (I was careful to book us on the same reservation just in case). Always a pleasant surprise.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by SR116

I've had 3 Op-Ups in the last 12 months when travelling with someone without status as SEN myself (2x Intra European, 1x Long Haul) - this is definitely not true!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: TK Elite *G, AF/KLM FB Elite+, A|Club Platinum, HH G
Originally Posted by MtlChris
I think that's the key. I fly YUL-ZRH 3 to 4 times a year, which has notorious low yields and there's always upward of 10 Y>C. I'm upgraded about 15 % of the time from discounted Y.

I believe there's also a trip report in there of a party of 4 being updraded C>F on that route.
Last saturday I went through YVR-YUL-ZRH-AMS and guess what? I got an op-up from the gate agent YUL-ZRH!! I was totally being happy about it because every leg was booked in economy and it was long travel lol.

Anyways, it definitely was overbooked, I looked on expertflyer during my layover in YUL and it was full. Got to the gate 10 min before boarding, and heard my name being called. It seems they already processed the upgrades because I saw many new boarding passes at the gate desk. The gate agent (super nice guy) said something along the line of 'we upgraded you because of your card...'' that was all, I didn't ask any questions just thanked him very much. I used my SAS EBG *G for all these trips, was flying alone, no special meals etc.

I smiled throughout the whole flight, SWISS C is definitely something nice and best thing, even though I didn't get the 'throne' seat, the seat next to me was empty!

All in all, I think indeed the *G definitely has impact like many others stated already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.