Wiki Posts
Search

Rumour: Apparently big news at Swiss [cube replaced by tailfin logo]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 8:23 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by Mr. Strong

If they keep this logo, it would perhaps be one of the ugliest logos in Swiss corporate history. Even coop and Mirgros look better.
They may be nominated for the ugliest logo, together with Swisscom.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:36 am
Original Poster

The Migros-Logo isn't that bad after all - keeping the same for 50 years will eventually make you stylish.. and their M-Budget brand indeed is good.

Coop did re-brand their logo around 20 years ago iirc, the old one was really hard to read Nothing wrong with the "new" one, either..

Swisscom is just crap. But who cares about their logo? You won't see it every day, at least.. for Frequent travellers, however, who will indeed see that LX crap now a lot, it might as well bring them to other airlines which still have SOME sense for what's right/wrong in a logo..
Old Aug 20, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
hey i liked the weisses kreuz and the rotes kreuz - but this??? what are LH up to? i didnt mind the old original Swissair!!!! i likes the goldkenn choccies domestically
Old Aug 21, 2011, 2:32 am

Programs: Miles & More Senator, CX Marco Polo Club, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Mr. Strong
“Our sign is a promise." What an idiotic claim, especially when this new logo looks so ugly, plain, amateurish and disappointing compared to the cube.
+1
it sounds like something a low-end supermarket would say. besides which - in business - when is it ever sensible to promise anything?

LX in its current form has only existed 10 years and to me is still quite new. i'm all for changing logos but isn't now a bit soon?
Old Aug 21, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: M&M-FQT / HHonors SLV / LHW LeadersClub
Hi guys

I have created a Facebook group with already nearly 1500 members against the new logo. You can join here:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/251079884922908/

In case you haven't heard - there will be a live chat with Swiss management next week around the negative feedback on the new logo.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 2:42 am

Programs: KL Platinum
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Have a look at the presentation that followed:

http://oursocialmedia.com/wp-content...esentation.pdf
If you look on p.3 (bottom of the page) there's an example of advertisement with the new brand. The claim next to the logo on that image is "A sign of difference". But the "official" claim is "Our sign is a promise". For a company whose value is "We do things properly or we don’t do them at all" it seems to me that screwing up their own branding presentation with a mistake like that is a big failure!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: LH M&M (SEN); TG ROP GOLD
Swissair or LX?

Hi all..... Swiss has changed from the cross in a box to a cross in a tailfin. Doesn't this all sound a bit 2001?

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...go-and-tagline

Lufthansa subsidiary Swiss International Air Lines is to roll out a refreshed logo across the company from October, and has also adopted the new strapline “Our sign is a promise”.

The new logo incorporates the familiar Swiss-cross already used on the airline’s existing logo, now placed within a tailfin, and with the new strapline to one side and “SWISS” to the other.

The carrier says the new logo will enable “SWISS to be instantly recognised as ‘the airline of Switzerland’, even from afar”.

The revamped logo will be gradually adopted on all communication channels, aircraft and at airports in and outside of Switzerland from October onwards.

Swiss International Air Lines was formed in 2002 following the bankruptcy of former flag carrier Swissair, and was taken over by the Lufthansa Group in 2007.

For more information visit swiss.com.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...lfin-logo.html@:-)
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:22 pm

OK.... so I have just got back after a week in the wilds of Suffolk and no internet access. I have read the posts. This rebrand is bonkers. It's just like the bmi rebrand earlier this year. It's a tweak - that's all - which places a logo in front of text. The cube logo had at least 10 more years life in it and was truly iconic. Why play with that? Anyway... here's to blandness. It's a fact of life at LH group.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:35 pm

This rebrand is bonkers. It's just like the bmi rebrand earlier this year.

It's a tweak - that's all - which places a logo in front of text. Is that what a focus group recommended? Because otherwise, there is no excuse for a retrograde re-branding exercise which puts your airline from way ahead to somewhere in the 90's.

The cube logo had at least 10 more years life in it and was truly iconic. Why play with that? Anyway... here's to blandness and loss of individuality. It's probably fact of life at LH group.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcy flyer
Anyway... here's to blandness and loss of individuality. It's probably fact of life at LH group.
The weird thing is.. the LH logo itself is the same for 45 years!

And that seems to be just working perfectly.. their brand is well-known world-wide, no expenses for rebranding all the signs everywhere.. just with their sub-companies, they're playing "let's destroy them"...
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
The weird thing is.. the LH logo itself is the same for 45 years!

And that seems to be just working perfectly.. their brand is well-known world-wide, no expenses for rebranding all the signs everywhere.. just with their sub-companies, they're playing "let's destroy them"...
Isn't SWISS the only part of the LH group that is actually profitable at the moment?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:18 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 30, 2013 at 3:22 am
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by JohnDP
@MOD's: can we please CLOSE this thread. Thank you.
Please note that (although it may appear so) the mods don't read everything posted in the LH & LX forum. If you have a need for mod action please click on the little red triangle on the left side of each post to alert us and the mod corps will rush to (any required) action. @:-)

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:35 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Questions for the webchat with Swiss' Chief Commercial Officer Holger Hätty can now be posted here: http://blog.swiss.com/2011/08/live-c...l#comment-form

The webchat takes place today Thursday, 25 August, between 17:00 and 18:00 CEST on the Swiss blog.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.