Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX F to KF C. Access to F lounge in ZRH?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
LX F to KF C. Access to F lounge in ZRH?

Tried to find answer to this but failed...

I'll be flying BKK-ZRH in LX F transfering to ZRH-HEL in KF C. As there is a ~6 hour transfer time in ZRH I am hoping on access to F lounge. Will I have a F lounge access as I am arriving to ZRH in F? Or will I have to make do with Swiss Business lounge?
Old May 30, 2011, 7:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No problem, you can use the F lounge since you arrived on LX. No shuttle to the KF flight though.
Old May 30, 2011, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No problem, you can use the F lounge since you arrived on LX. No shuttle to the KF flight though.
Thanks oliver2002 for a VERY fast reply ^This will make our transfer in ZRH much nicer and I guess we'll survive not having the shuttle too!
Old May 31, 2011, 1:11 am

Programs: EB Silver, Bonvoy Gold
Once again my suggestion for such a long layover together with a early morning arrival in ZRH that is far better than 6 hours in the F Lounge:
Leave the terminal (airport), take the train to Zürich main statin (10 minutes), head down the Bahnhofstrasse and have breakfast at Sprüngli Café, then stroll around Bahnhofstrasse and head back to ZRH with a short brak in the lounge before boarding your plane to HEL.
Best
Old May 31, 2011, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grischtu
Once again my suggestion for such a long layover together with a early morning arrival in ZRH that is far better than 6 hours in the F Lounge:
Leave the terminal (airport), take the train to Zürich main statin (10 minutes), head down the Bahnhofstrasse and have breakfast at Sprüngli Café, then stroll around Bahnhofstrasse and head back to ZRH with a short brak in the lounge before boarding your plane to HEL.
Best
grischtu, thanks for your suggestion. We did Zurich last year when we had a >10hr layover on the way to HKG. I really like the F Lounge but 10 hrs would have been too much. I have also visited Zurich for real before too, it's a beautiful city!

We might head downtown, I guess it depends on what my wife wants She is not that fond of flying, not even in F, so in order to get her to fly with me I try to make transfers as painless as possible.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by vulle
grischtu, thanks for your suggestion. We did Zurich last year when we had a >10hr layover on the way to HKG. I really like the F Lounge but 10 hrs would have been too much. I have also visited Zurich for real before too, it's a beautiful city!

We might head downtown, I guess it depends on what my wife wants She is not that fond of flying, not even in F, so in order to get her to fly with me I try to make transfers as painless as possible.
I really hope that she doesn't find out that AY flies directly to most Asian cities from HEL
Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joorinainen
I really hope that she doesn't find out that AY flies directly to most Asian cities from HEL
Well, she is quite aware of AY's strategy, but trusts me to find the best ways of traveling.

And anyway, Finnair's prices ex-HEL are really bad
Old Jun 4, 2011, 3:43 pm

You will certainly have access since arriving in LX F. I have done this a few weeks back whilst arriving from YUL.
Keep in mind that the sleep rooms there are only big enough for one person, and when I was there, one of the two rooms was being "renovated" somehow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.