Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which long-haul routes have the new F seats?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Which long-haul routes have the new F seats?

Taking a trip to Asia at the end of the year, and have plans to make somewhat of a round the world itin, which will allow me to fly on LX from to ZRH, and then LH from FRA-DEN. I've noticed that most of the flights are operated with the A340, and IIRC, that aircraft has the old F seats..

As a 1K with UA, I can cancel or change award tickets without penalty, and will make changes if space opens on up certain routes in LX F. Which routes use the A333 with the new F cabin? I've heard some mention of BKK, but it looked like most of the days were with an A346..

Thanks!

Last edited by FriendlySkies; May 1, 2011 at 2:56 am
Old May 1, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
Ok, your question is a bit confusing. do you want to go longhaul TO Asia from europe, or do you want to COME longhaul TO Europe FROM ASIA.
A few basics:
LX:
All the Asian routes (except India) are operated by A340-300s with the "old" business (althought the product is still very good). They plan to replace it but due to the low production capacity of the manufacturer gave priority to LH.

To/From India and Dubai the A330-300 operate with the new First.

If you menat to go to/from the US on LX First then the A330-300s are used to New Yrk JFK, Montreal and sometimes Boston/CHicago/Miami (varies a bit).
LAX,SFO, MIA are operated using A340-300 with the "old" first.

LH:
Sad but fair, you cannot get any seats on the new A380 First at LH if you are not SEN/HON with Lufthansa. They reserved it exclusively for their own customer to prevent cheapish UA/US and CO stati (well c'mon you guys only need 100k miles BUT get at least 100% miles each time you fly, SENS get 50% for the 4 lowest tix categories and need 130k miles so it is deliberately more expensive to be SEN). Same will probably happen once the new first is introduced into the rest of the fleet, I would expectr certain types to be blocked for non M&M elites.
However, there is a gamble here. Only one A340-600 has been remodelled so far so you might be lucky. However, that one is based in Munich and will be unlikely to be utilised for the Denver route. You can keep track also on the reconfigs for the other aircraft here http://translate.google.de/translate...25BCbersichten

So if your question was where you could use your miles to get to the LH new first then the answer is chances are minimal. You cannot book the A380 First and at present have a 1/30 chance for the new 747 reconfig and 1/25 chance for the A340-600, thats a gamble.

what I would recommend:
A friend of mine did a hkg-bkk-del-zrh (with the new swiss first from DEL) and found it worthwile. Maybe you could check out the LX F if you go ZRH-ORD-DEN (if they deploy the A333on a given day)
Your chances to get an O tix (first award) on LH New F are pretty dismal though.
Hope this helps otherwise I am open to answer additional questions.
Old May 1, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
LX does not operate any A340-600 - they have only A330-300 and A340-300.

Every route operated by A330-300 will have new First Class, all other routes are 'old' First. So just check on swiss.com the schedule and operating aircraft.

In general, mostly all destinations in Asia are operated by A340-300.

The A330-300 operates only the shorter long distance destinations

A330-300 operated are:
New York JFK (ex ZRH and GVA)
Chicago
Montreal
Miami (partly)
Dubai/Muscat
Mumbai
Dehli
Nairobi/Dar-es-Salaam
Doua-la/Yaoundé

To be phased out A330-200 (no First on sell) until mid 2011 on
Tel Aviv
Cairo

Regards,

taigatrommel
Old May 1, 2011, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I know about the restrictions of booking A380 F on LH. Currently have a ticket booked on LH SFO-FRA, which I am hoping switches to the A380..

I was asking about travel from Asia to Europe.

You mentioned that the A343s were still running with the old C cabin. How are the F seats?

Originally Posted by kiez
what I would recommend:
A friend of mine did a hkg-bkk-del-zrh (with the new swiss first from DEL) and found it worthwile. Maybe you could check out the LX F if you go ZRH-ORD-DEN (if they deploy the A333on a given day)
Your chances to get an O tix (first award) on LH New F are pretty dismal though.
Hope this helps otherwise I am open to answer additional questions.
I'll take a look at that routing ^

Originally Posted by taigatrommel

Every route operated by A330-300 will have new First Class, all other routes are 'old' First. So just check on swiss.com the schedule and operating aircraft.

In general, mostly all destinations in Asia are operated by A340-300.

The A330-300 operates only the shorter long distance destinations

A330-300 operated are:
New York JFK (ex ZRH and GVA)
Chicago
Montreal
Miami (partly)
Dubai/Muscat
Mumbai
Dehli
Nairobi/Dar-es-Salaam
Doua-la/Yaoundé

To be phased out A330-200 (no First on sell) until mid 2011 on
Tel Aviv
Cairo

Regards,

taigatrommel
Thanks for the info!
Old May 1, 2011, 3:08 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BA Silver, HHonors Gold, LeClub Accor Plat., Veteran of the EK Shower
@ LX A343 I meant they have the old first, BUT by june 2011 will all have the new business
@ SFO if your tix is beyond 10.may then log on to your awar reservation. almost certainly it will already have changed the op AC
Old May 1, 2011, 6:51 am

Programs: LH M&M Silver, BA EC, AF FB
Originally Posted by taigatrommel
There's 2 Flights a day ZRH-BKK, 1 operated by LX (A340-300), the other by TG (A340-600), LX codeshare on the TG Flight, TG don't codeshare on the LX Flight, so I'm just wondering if the Op checked the availabiliy of the other one...

Last edited by matt in france; May 1, 2011 at 7:23 am
Old May 1, 2011, 8:07 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kiez
@ LX A343 I meant they have the old first, BUT by june 2011 will all have the new business
I know the OP's question is about new First but the the latest roll-out schedule for new Business seats recently posted by SwissInternationalAirLines in this post.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
You mentioned that the A343s were still running with the old C cabin. How are the F seats?
No A343 will be getting new First seats.
Old May 1, 2011, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

No A343 will be getting new First seats.
I understand that.. How are the old F seats?
Old May 1, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: M&M UAL
[QUOTE=FriendlySkies;16308444]I know about the restrictions of booking A380 F on LH. Currently have a ticket booked on LH SFO-FRA, which I am hoping switches to the A380..

you know venn is the switch ??
Old May 10, 2011, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I flew on them 2 weeks ago HKG-ZRH and they were fine. I would not avoid them at all.
Old May 10, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie
I flew LH's new F recently and still prefer the old LX F seat ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.