Wiki Posts
Search

starting at stopover location

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

starting at stopover location

hello,

is it possible to buy a ticket with stopover in zurich, and actually join the flight in zurich , not in the place where it originated ?

So in this case from Rome to Warsaw via Zurich and other way around, is it possible to just join the flight in Zurich, and other way around - just leave earlier.

Because tickets are cheaper if i choose this option, and currently i'm in zurich.

i googled a little more and i guess it is called 'hidden city' if i got it right, and it seems to be forbidden but in practice they sometimes ignore it, or at least some people say so... so what is current situation with this thing? is it legal ? is it possible at all to do it ?

Last edited by juice99; Mar 21, 2011 at 1:26 pm
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: LH HON
Discussed 100000000000 Times

Not possible
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Welcome to FT. No show on first sector cancels the whole ticket. Full stop.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:24 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by juice99
hello,

is it possible to buy a ticket with stopover in zurich, and actually join the flight in zurich , not in the place where it originated ?

So in this case from Rome to Warsaw via Zurich and other way around, is it possible to just join the flight in Zurich, and other way around - just leave earlier.

Because tickets are cheaper if i choose this option, and currently i'm in zurich.

i googled a little more and i guess it is called 'hidden city' if i got it right, and it seems to be forbidden but in practice they sometimes ignore it, or at least some people say so... so what is current situation with this thing? is it legal ? is it possible at all to do it ?
Welcome to FT, juice99!

Here's a slightly longer answer.

If you buy a cheap ticket for Rome-Zurich-Warsaw and don't fly the first segment (Rome-Zurich), the airline will cancel the whole ticket so your plan won't work as daumueller has succinctly said already.

If you find a cheap ticket for Warsaw-Zurich-Rome, for example, and don't fly the last segment (Zurich-Rome) the airline normally won't do anything as long as you don't do it too often. In this case Rome is the "hidden city", but this trick only works for the last segment(s) of your ticket.

If you have a return ticket for Rome-Zurich-Warsaw-Zurich-Rome and only fly Rome-Zurich-Warsaw-Zurich that should be ok as well.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: LH Senator ★
Buy Milano-Warsaw and take a train to Milano. Fly 3 segments and end your trip in Zurich. Do not do this often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.