Is F award availability this bad or incompetent agent?

Old Mar 18, 11, 12:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Is F award availability this bad or incompetent agent?

I had to change an award ticket to the future, so I had the agent search from Aug. 20 to Mid-Oct. and she said there was not a single F seat available ZRH-JFK on any of those days. I don't think it gets more "flexible" than examining a nearly 2 month window. Was she just incompetent and I should call CO back and hope for better luck or does LX just never release F seats to partners on this route?
Old Mar 18, 11, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I seem to remember reading on here that LX are notoriously bad at releasing award seats, but others may be able to give you a better answer.
Old Mar 18, 11, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
If you try to get award seats through CO, this question / post is really more appropriate in the CO forum...
Old Mar 18, 11, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
I had to change an award ticket to the future, so I had the agent search from Aug. 20 to Mid-Oct. and she said there was not a single F seat available ZRH-JFK on any of those days. I don't think it gets more "flexible" than examining a nearly 2 month window. Was she just incompetent and I should call CO back and hope for better luck or does LX just never release F seats to partners on this route?
LX almost never releases F seats on this route to *A partners until about 5 or so days before departure when they'll release C/F seats based on loads.
Old Mar 21, 11, 11:35 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
On a *A partner award, don't even bother until a few days before for the JFK/ZRH route.
Old Mar 21, 11, 2:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by johndeere19 View Post
On a *A partner award, don't even bother until a few days before for the JFK/ZRH route.
What's the best bet? 5 days out or 3?
Old Mar 21, 11, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
What's the best bet? 5 days out or 3?
I would start at 7-10 and check every day.
Old Mar 21, 11, 5:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite+ (the hard way), AF Plat, QR Plat, AA 3MM (worthless), Hilton Diamond (like everyone else)
I had the same problem trying to use CO miles on LX, so I decided to route through YUL instead, and I found two seats in F, two months out. BTW, both JFK and YUL offer the 333 with New F.
Old Mar 22, 11, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by johndeere19 View Post
I would start at 7-10 and check every day.
On second thought...if this is what you want to fly, I'd check every day.
Old Mar 22, 11, 10:10 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
Last year there was a clear pattern that LX opened their O class (First class award) exactly 14 days before departure. It was on ZRH-SFO flight during July, and I was using Miles&More.
Old Mar 22, 11, 11:19 pm

Programs: LH HON
Can't confirm that. I had O bookings months in advance. And also a Case of F7O0 5 days ahead.
Old Mar 22, 11, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA-1MM, AF-Silver
Does anyone have a sense of F award availability ORD-ZRH vs YUL-ORD? Which is easier to book 4 months out? I'm only looking for 1 seat in August.
Old Mar 23, 11, 5:33 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by daumueller View Post
Can't confirm that. I had O bookings months in advance. And also a Case of F7O0 5 days ahead.
I can confirm a case of F7 O0 from T-5 till the day of departure on LX. Took LH instead which had F6 O5 on day of departure. At the airport, checked out of curiosity and was told that the LX F cabin has only one pax.
Old Mar 23, 11, 8:30 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by bennytma View Post
Does anyone have a sense of F award availability ORD-ZRH vs YUL-ORD? Which is easier to book 4 months out? I'm only looking for 1 seat in August.
YUL has much more availability. LX is releasing 2 F award seats (available for *A partner redemption) on almost every flight about 10 months in advance.

ORD has become much more difficult for *A F redemptions over the past year or so.

I'm assuming you meant YUL-ZRH.
Old Mar 23, 11, 9:40 am

Either is a possibility, they aren't mutually exclusive. In my experience as a former reservations agent I know of agents that will push you off the phone so they can move on to cash bookings, go to break, surf the internet....you name it. Not that I like to bash my former co workers, but many are complacent and don't like to tax themselves by thinking creatively. I bet it never occured to offer ZRH-YUL or anything but the, "I'm sorry its not available."

Search this Thread
Search Engine: