Search

What's SWISS Travel Club?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2011, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL / FB Silver / JP Silver / SkyWards Silver
What's SWISS Travel Club?

Hi folks,

Once I enter in my booking in M&M, below my name is says: SWISS Travel Club and the number.

Does this mean that they have moved me to a Swiss branded M&M card or what does it mean?

PS: Two weeks back I wrote them about changing my card from LH to LX logo, can this be the reason?

Thanks for all the inputs,
Old Feb 5, 2011, 10:13 am

Travelclub used to be the (now dearly missed) frequent flier program for Swiss before they moved to M&M. Probably they somehow never bothered to change it on that screen.

And I have tried in the past to get a Swiss logo on my card. Answer: you can only get a Swiss logo if you are based in Switzerland.

Last edited by Koby; Feb 5, 2011 at 10:16 am Reason: spelling
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Koby
Travelclub used to be the (now dearly missed) frequent flier program for Swiss before they moved to M&M.

+1

And I have tried in the past to get a Swiss logo on my card. Answer: you can only get a Swiss logo if you are based in Switzerland.
Which would it be the difference?
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by saviox
Which would it be the difference?
There should be no difference... (This has already been discussed in other threads.)
But to some of those that were Swiss Travelclub Gold, the LH logo on the M&M card still hurts...
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:25 am

Sorry Koby, we still have prominently the Swiss logo on our cards and in a shady grey in the background it says Miles&More Lufthansa. Yes, we still miss the old Swiss Circle Club with its own excklusive lounge. It really was a business network and they refrained from "enhancing" benefits away every 2nd month.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 5:46 am

I still remember the promotions they did when SR was going down. I got several hundred thousand bonus miles, and at that time, IIRC, european biz award was only 20.000 miles(25.000 afterwards) with little taxes, fuel surcharges.... fantastic for mileage addicts.

The last good promotion I remember was in 2005, where if we flew xx segments, miles would be multiplied by 4.
Old good times....
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
You've opened up a terrible wound ! Swiss TC was one of the friendliest FFPs around, generous to a fault to all travellers. And (as Saviox points out) they tried to cushion the blow of our march across to M&M by offering the craziest of earning promotions in the last month of the programme, those miles of course transferred into M&M.

No doubt the programme's generosity was symptomatic of whatever was going wrong with the airline itself, but Travel Club is still missed
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The other day I found my Qualiflyer card which I got in 1998 with promo material about Sabena, LOT, Austrian TAP etc

The promos were all over the place and a poor semi student at the beginning of his career was able to rack up awards with no effort

The party lasted till I discovered in 2000 that EK booked el cheapo tix bought online without availability check into full fare Y which meant op ups galore with Skywards membership.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The other day I found my Qualiflyer card which I got in 1998 with promo material about Sabena, LOT, Austrian TAP etc

The promos were all over the place and a poor semi student at the beginning of his career was able to rack up awards with no effort

The party lasted till I discovered in 2000 that EK booked el cheapo tix bought online without availability check into full fare Y which meant op ups galore with Skywards membership.
I also remember the very early Qualiflyer days; spent several weekends at the Montreux Palace for 5'000 miles per weekend Also remember the Circle days where I received a personal visit to the office and a gift after clocking my first 1 million miles!
Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by Fendant
Yes, we still miss the old Swiss Circle Club with its own excklusive lounge.
Where was that Lounge and till when did it exist? I only know the old FCL, which was at the same location as the actual one.

I miss Qualiflyer because of the generous promos, but I don't miss the Swiss Travel Club with it's very limited network.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN
funny thing is, I can still remember my TC number after all these years.

Maybe it's because it was 9 digits as opposed to the M&M behemoth - do they really need a number that can cope with trillions of members?
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Me too !
Was 024 782 472 - Easy !!!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by rorschi
Where was that Lounge and till when did it exist? I only know the old FCL, which was at the same location as the actual one.

I miss Qualiflyer because of the generous promos, but I don't miss the Swiss Travel Club with it's very limited network.

The Circle lounge was to the right of the old First Class lounge, entry through an unmarked door
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by bobhope2
funny thing is, I can still remember my TC number after all these years.

Maybe it's because it was 9 digits as opposed to the M&M behemoth - do they really need a number that can cope with trillions of members?
+1

and welcome to FT bobhope2!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:23 pm

I still remeber my SR TC number as well by heart. I wonder if any of the Travel club years will count for LH lifetime status?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.