Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival Lounge ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by trajectory
This may not be correct any more, I was admitted in June as a UA *gold, arriving on TG F. The receptionist mentioned that UA *gold get access because UA pays for it, implying that others may not have access.
This is interesting to note.

LH's FRA Arrivals Lounge welcomes arriving UA F/C passengers, but not F/C passengers arriving on other *A flights. I am sure UA has a contract with the LH FRA lounge to allow that.

However UA's contract with the LX ZRH Arrivals Lounge seem to be different from that of LH FRA Arrivals Lounge.

Next time I pass through ZRH, I will have to ask if I can use the Arrivals Lounge with my UA *G card and if there is an official contract between UA and LX's ZRH Arrivals Lounge.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 5:24 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Originally Posted by trajectory
This may not be correct any more, I was admitted in June as a UA *gold, arriving on TG F. The receptionist mentioned that UA *gold get access because UA pays for it, implying that others may not have access.
This is interesting to note.

LH's FRA Arrivals Lounge welcomes arriving UA F/C passengers, but not F/C passengers arriving on other *A flights. I am sure UA has a contract with the LH FRA lounge to allow that.

However UA's contract with the LX ZRH Arrivals Lounge seem to be different from that of LH FRA Arrivals Lounge.
Yes, I believe UA pays for their F and C passengers as well as GS members to access the Welcome Lounge in FRA, but not for *G.

However, this arrangement sounds as if they pay for UA *G members to access the Arrival Lounge in ZRH.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I think the following two sentences should answer your question.

• All Miles&More status customers (FTL, SEN, HON), irrespective of the logo or branding of their Miles&More status card, have access to the SWISS Arrivals Lounge, also irrespective of where they are arriving from (both EU and IC flights), and irrespective of whether arriving on LX or on LH (FTL/SEN: Star Alliance flights; HON: any carrier)
  • Senator: 1 companion, plus own children younger than 18 years, all arriving on a Star Alliance flight
Thanks, we'll give it a go ^
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Can anyone compare the Welcome Lounge in FRA to the Arrival Lounge in ZRH for me?

(apologies if I've posted this question twice -- I can't seem to find my original post, if, indeed I actually did).
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:05 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by econprof
Can anyone compare the Welcome Lounge in FRA to the Arrival Lounge in ZRH for me?

(apologies if I've posted this question twice -- I can't seem to find my original post, if, indeed I actually did).
I haven't been to the FRA Welcome Lounge for a while but based on limited experience:

Food selection : FRA > ZRH
Sleeping rooms/area : ZRH >> FRA
Shower : ZRH > FRA
Furniture/general ambience : ZRH > FRA
Access rules for M&M status pax : ZRH > FRA
Opening hours : FRA > ZRH (FRA last admission 12:30, ZRH lounge closes at 13:00 sharp)
Easy to find : ZRH > FRA

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 26, 2013 at 4:02 pm Reason: added shower comparison
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
[/QUOTE]
  • All Miles&More status customers (FTL, SEN, HON), irrespective of the logo or branding of their Miles&More status card, have access to the SWISS Arrivals Lounge, also irrespective of where they are arriving from (both EU and IC flights), and irrespective of whether arriving on LX or on LH (FTL/SEN: Star Alliance flights; HON: any carrier)
  • Senator: 1 companion, plus own children younger than 18 years, all arriving on a Star Alliance flight
[/QUOTE]

I just learnt this morning that LX took the access for "HON = any carrier" away in September 2012. In case you travel on a non*A flight also no access for HON at the arrival lounge in ZRH anymore
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by HKG1111
I just learnt this morning that LX took the access for "HON = any carrier" away in September 2012. In case you travel on a non*A flight also no access for HON at the arrival lounge in ZRH anymore
I'm not surprised with so many HONs switching to fly on non-*A carriers. Thanks for the update. I'll update the appropriate post.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'm not surprised with so many HONs switching to fly on non-*A carriers. Thanks for the update. I'll update the appropriate post.
Was it causing such a problem at the arrival lounge? How many HON arriving at ZRH on non STAR flights could there possibly have been per day? Also- if the case is that there were so many arriving- I would really want this data and use it to take effective action. For the life of me I cannot understand the desire to discourage people from participating in the HON program. I must be missing something here- but if there were more HON members- wouldn't that be a very good thing for the airlines?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Was it causing such a problem at the arrival lounge? How many HON arriving at ZRH on non STAR flights could there possibly have been per day? Also- if the case is that there were so many arriving- I would really want this data and use it to take effective action. For the life of me I cannot understand the desire to discourage people from participating in the HON program. I must be missing something here- but if there were more HON members- wouldn't that be a very good thing for the airlines?
+1

Just a negative image on LH/LX especially some routes are not flown by *A carrier as mine last week from ATL-ZRH (there is only DL)
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Ironing service

Hi there,

Arriving in July on a Monday early morning with LX from Asia and need to drive to work: how busy will the shower area be and also important to me, how fast/reliable is the ironing service (business shirt, suit jacket) ?

Thanks for your advice! ^
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by fkaway
Hi there,

Arriving in July on a Monday early morning with LX from Asia and need to drive to work: how busy will the shower area be and also important to me, how fast/reliable is the ironing service (business shirt, suit jacket) ?

I've only been in the Arrival Lounge in early morning once but there are 20 showers (plus one sleeping room with its own shower) and got the impression that you don't need to wait for a shower. I have no experience of the ironing service but the notice in the shower room suggests it takes about 15 minutes.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:22 am
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Data point (I don't think this was explicitly covered above):

Arrived today in UA BusinessFirst (upgraded with GPU). No problem accessing the ZRH Arrivals Lounge. I suppose my *G status might have had an effect, but I got the impression it was the J boarding pass.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by QBK

Arrived today in UA BusinessFirst (upgraded with GPU). No problem accessing the ZRH Arrivals Lounge. I suppose my *G status might have had an effect, but I got the impression it was the J boarding pass.
You got very lucky!
The lounge dragon(s) must have had a dozy morning.
*G does not provide access, and lounge rules clearly state LX, LH premium passengers-only and elites of those two carriers.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:42 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by fkaway
Hi there,

Having returned on a LX morning Asia flight, went in to arrival lounge as first guests there and requested showers for spouse and me. (PC) system down, lady-in-training stressed out and clueless (not her fault!) due to incapable lady-wanna-be-trainer, waiting time unacceptable, got finally a masterkey given out to both of us for shower usage, used nice and clean shower but waited 20mins. in shower room for ironing service, nothing happened although I've heard several times housekeeping passing by and laughter (I did hang it shirt right away in the appropriate admission and pressed twice the service button, according to manual it takes approx. 15mins. for the ironing service done!)

Not wanting to waist more time, left shower with unironed biz shirt, pointed out to lady-wanna-be-trainer and only respond was "due to our system failure...". Left unhappy with the service on that morning
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM+, A3 GLD
Originally Posted by QBK

Adding another data point: it was definitely the J boarding pass, as I was granted access this week to the ZRH arrival lounge on a BF United flight with no elite status with Star. And it was not a sleepy dragon as she actually scanned the BP on her computer to confirm access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.