Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival Lounge ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like they have amended the rules to allow *G since the internal memo only mentioned M&M status. IIRC it's one of the few to allow *G access.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
I wonder if Priority Pass members have access to the new lounge. (The PP website still lists the old arrivals lounge.)

Or will I have access as a SEN travelling BA?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:55 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Any info on how to get one of the "hotel style bedrooms", especially the one with the private bathroom? First come-first serve? Status? booking/reservation?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hugolover
Seems like they have amended the rules to allow *G since the internal memo only mentioned M&M status. IIRC it's one of the few to allow *G access.
Can anybody confirm this? Flying UA GF in October and trying to figure out whether I should get a day room or not.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:32 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nevansm
Can anybody confirm this? Flying UA GF in October and trying to figure out whether I should get a day room or not.
I believe you have to have M&M status or arrive on LH/LX Business or First to access the new arrival lounge in ZRH according to Swiss Lurker's responses in the new arrival lounge thread and Swiss website.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 1:52 pm

Is the arrivals lounge before or after customers when landing and how far is it from the lounge to the trains that go into downtown Zurich?
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyGuy24
Is the arrivals lounge before or after customers when landing and how far is it from the lounge to the trains that go into downtown Zurich?
It is after customs and baggage claim ( turn left when you exit customs ). The lounge is connected (approx. 150 m ) to the railway station.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Will a *G passenger arriving on a long-haul *A flight in F and connecting on a short-haul LX C flight be granted access to the Arrivals Lounge?

How do the showers compare between the Arrivals Lounge and the SEN lounge? With 20 showers in the Arrivals Lounge vs. only 2 in the SEN lounge, I assume there is no wait for showers at the Arrival Lounge.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by Time traveller
Will a *G passenger arriving on a long-haul *A flight in F and connecting on a short-haul LX C flight be granted access to the Arrivals Lounge?
According to SWISS Lurker's responses summarised in this post, a *G arriving on a *A flight (in any class) is not eligible to access the Arrival Lounge.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
OK, I have a slightly different question. I am a SEN arriving on SQ in Business Class so I understand I get access on the basis of my SEN status. However I will have a guest with no M&M status arriving on the same flight/cabin. Will she get access? Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
According to SWISS Lurker's responses summarised in this post, a *G arriving on a *A flight (in any class) is not eligible to access the Arrival Lounge.
The rules on their website is unclear as it says LH/LX business passengers are allowed in, but doesn't specifically say "only arriving LH/LX Business Class passengers". So would passengers arriving on *A F but connecting on LX C be allowed access to Arrivals Lounge?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
OK, I have a slightly different question. I am a SEN arriving on SQ in Business Class so I understand I get access on the basis of my SEN status. However I will have a guest with no M&M status arriving on the same flight/cabin. Will she get access? Thanks.
I think the following two sentences should answer your question.

• All Miles&More status customers (FTL, SEN, HON), irrespective of the logo or branding of their Miles&More status card, have access to the SWISS Arrivals Lounge, also irrespective of where they are arriving from (both EU and IC flights), and irrespective of whether arriving on LX or on LH (FTL/SEN: Star Alliance flights; HON: any carrier)
  • Senator: 1 companion, plus own children younger than 18 years, all arriving on a Star Alliance flight
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Time traveller
The rules on their website is unclear as it says LH/LX business passengers are allowed in, but doesn't specifically say "only arriving LH/LX Business Class passengers". So would passengers arriving on *A F but connecting on LX C be allowed access to Arrivals Lounge?
The web site states clearly:

First Class Star Alliance [passenger has access to] SWISS Senator & Business Lounge, SWISS Lounge D Senator & Business

but the Arrival Lounge is not mentioned.

SWISS Lurker has stated clearly that "Access is dependent on the flight/class the passenger is arriving on, not on any connecting flights." So passengers arriving on *A F but connecting on LX C do not have access to the Arrival Lounge.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Any info on how to get one of the "hotel style bedrooms", especially the one with the private bathroom? First come-first serve? Status? booking/reservation?
First come first served, based on my experience.

But when I arrived in F and asked for the room with the private bathroom, I was denied because the room with the bathroom is for two. I ended up with a "normal" room - pretty spacious, had refreshments as well as a TV - and caught up on some sleep. A visit to the front desk after and a shower before heading off to the city.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
SWISS Lurker has stated clearly that "Access is dependent on the flight/class the passenger is arriving on, not on any connecting flights." So passengers arriving on *A F but connecting on LX C do not have access to the Arrival Lounge.
This may not be correct any more, I was admitted in June as a UA *gold, arriving on TG F. The receptionist mentioned that UA *gold get access because UA pays for it, implying that others may not have access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.